Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Anybody else burned out?

Definelty burned out here. Bugs and Glitches got me down.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
The only thing I think when I see a post like this is 14 year old and too young for a summer job. Some people don't have the time to spend 4 hours a day in practice mode, and if youre like me, your ego will not allow you to play on "easy" difficulty. Not trying to pick a fight, and I'll probably get blasted for this, but I gotta stick up for the casual gamer on here. When there are 4 difficulty modes, you shouldn't have to play on the easiest. If youre dominating on Heisman, pwning nubes, probs wouldn't hurt to get outside and meet some ladies, enjoy the summer weather while its here. But seriously, if the game is too easy for you on heisman, you probably shouldn't be trying to relate to about 98% of the remaining community.
I think it comes down to how good you are at video games and knowing football.

You could be a football genius, but if you don't really play video games, then you just arent used to the hand eye coordination required..

And if you are great at video games, you could just not have the know how of how football strategy really works.

So the casual gamer could struggle because they don't worship and follow football and the football fanatic only bought a game console to play these games wont be that great.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 AM   #11
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy082
I play on default heisman and haven't lost a game in two seasons on dynasty. The game's not too hard it's just the artificial difficulty sense you get from playing it. I should be able to force my will upon the North Texas defensive line as Alabama just based on athletic ability alone. They shouldn't be able to hip toss my 93 rated tackle just because the game decides it wants to give me a challenge. Maybe I just haven't found the right feel to the game as some of you guys have.

If this is true you clearly are just working game exploits, it is impossible to play ANYTHING close to a sim game and get reasonable results above Freshman because of the super DB issue. Above Frosh, they're GLUED to your receivers REGARDLESS of ratings. The passing game on Varsity is truly what you might expect on Heisman in years past, the level where EA has ALWAYS boosted CPU player performance far beyond their ratings, ie. digital steroids. Outside of ego, never understood anyone playing on Heisman, the ratings should be a major part of gameplay.

Last edited by Old School SD Fan; 08-08-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
The only thing I think when I see a post like this is 14 year old and too young for a summer job. Some people don't have the time to spend 4 hours a day in practice mode, and if youre like me, your ego will not allow you to play on "easy" difficulty. Not trying to pick a fight, and I'll probably get blasted for this, but I gotta stick up for the casual gamer on here. When there are 4 difficulty modes, you shouldn't have to play on the easiest. If youre dominating on Heisman, pwning nubes, probs wouldn't hurt to get outside and meet some ladies, enjoy the summer weather while its here. But seriously, if the game is too easy for you on heisman, you probably shouldn't be trying to relate to about 98% of the remaining community.
Or you could just lower the difficulty and not rip on someone for being better than you...
Old 08-08-2011, 10:30 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Yes very.. My problem is the fact that this game is really just made for "tourney-style" play. Of course I can't expect much while playing against randoms online but the stuff they get away with is ridiculous.

I have people throw into my coverage numerous times with no interceptions. Yet the one time I throw into man coverage on a slant route its an automated pick? And the interception is only because the DB runs his route better than my receiver.

Hardly anyone punts on 4TH down and you know why? Because of the **** they get away with. Running to the right with the QB and waiting for receivers to come back to the ball. Or throwing to guys that are double covered no matter what and still coming up with catches.

And go ahead and say "stop playing randoms". I have been an online player since 2k5 and dealt with QB running, drop glitches, lineman glitches and corner route spamming. All were not nearly as annoying as EA tourney style play because they get away with way too much.

I really hate myself for buying another EA game because I miss football so much.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
I would think the 14 year old kid is the one who can't play on the proper difficulty level because of his ego
Old 08-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #15
Rookie

dstubb's Arena

OVR: 3

I get burned out trying to find online players who don't choose Oregon, Alabama, or Oklahoma as their team. It gets old. Doesn't anyone want to challenge themselves a bit? There are 120 schools to choose from, for crying out loud.

Other than that, I love the game. I only wish they'd correct some silly bugs.

Last edited by dstubb; 08-08-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Typos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I think they really need to get rid of difficult and just have the game play to ratings. They should have sliders that actually work and have consistency and clutch ratings along with HFA to make the game challenging.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »