Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anybody else burned out?

im playing on AA with sliders tweaked from SECelites base set.I get great gameplay.Im in my 6th or 7th season.i dominate the lower teams and I get challenged by the higher ranked teams.I dont play heisman but on AA i throw the ball every pattern imaginable with the hardest one being the post but nope,no burnout here.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #34
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
If this is true you clearly are just working game exploits, it is impossible to play ANYTHING close to a sim game and get reasonable results above Freshman because of the super DB issue. Above Frosh, they're GLUED to your receivers REGARDLESS of ratings. The passing game on Varsity is truly what you might expect on Heisman in years past, the level where EA has ALWAYS boosted CPU player performance far beyond their ratings, ie. digital steroids. .
I quite simply disagree.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #35
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I quite simply disagree.

Denial ain't a river in Egypt friend. If you think the friggin' psychic DB's playing WAY above their ratings at any level over Freshman ain't a problem, I can't help you. Too many videos demonstrating it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #36
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Denial ain't a river in Egypt friend. If you think the friggin' psychic DB's playing WAY above their ratings at any level over Freshman ain't a problem, I can't help you. Too many videos demonstrating it.
I am sorry I forgot your opinion trumped everyone else's and should be taken strictly as fact.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:54 PM   #37
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I quite simply disagree.
That's a first.

But you're right.
Both my ODs are very sim-player oriented and on heisman with our own slider set we voted on the results are pretty fantastic.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:23 PM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
That's a first.

Your point?
Old 08-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #39
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm completely burned out mainly because it's just not that fun to me.

I've tweaked sliders and levels like crazy for three weeks and still it seems like every couple of games I get some insane game where nothing I do works.

The absolute worst part is that you often can't rely on what you're seeing on the screen. I'm just tired of it. If you guys are enjoying the game then hey, god bless, but I feel like the game is a joke.

I was watching the Making Of NCAA12 show tonight I had on DVR and in the last episode they actually admit that they don't tune gameplay like they do for Madden and certain glitches were "wishlisted" (like the coach progression glitch) so they could claim the game as bug free and make the release date.

Add in the fact that all they care about are these dumb glowing reviews that come out after some guy has dinked around with the game for 4 hours and I've kind of had it.

Sorry for the rant, I've been trying like hell to enjoy this game but I just rage quit after my third fumbles lost for a TD vs. Air Force.

Another thing, why do your defenders sidestep and slow down when you take control of them allowing ballcarriers to fly past them?

Whatever, I'm so annoyed and sick of the halfassed crap they spew out year after year. I hadn't bought the game for a few years and this might be the last one I get. I'm a complete and utter sucker.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:36 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
I'm completely burned out mainly because it's just not that fun to me.

I've tweaked sliders and levels like crazy for three weeks and still it seems like every couple of games I get some insane game where nothing I do works.

The absolute worst part is that you often can't rely on what you're seeing on the screen. I'm just tired of it. If you guys are enjoying the game then hey, god bless, but I feel like the game is a joke.

I was watching the Making Of NCAA12 show tonight I had on DVR and in the last episode they actually admit that they don't tune gameplay like they do for Madden and certain glitches were "wishlisted" (like the coach progression glitch) so they could claim the game as bug free and make the release date.

Add in the fact that all they care about are these dumb glowing reviews that come out after some guy has dinked around with the game for 4 hours and I've kind of had it.

Sorry for the rant, I've been trying like hell to enjoy this game but I just rage quit after my third fumbles lost for a TD vs. Air Force.

Another thing, why do your defenders sidestep and slow down when you take control of them allowing ballcarriers to fly past them?

Whatever, I'm so annoyed and sick of the halfassed crap they spew out year after year. I hadn't bought the game for a few years and this might be the last one I get. I'm a complete and utter sucker.
I feel you man. I've player about 7 seasons, four as an OC. The offense is horrendous this year in my opinion. Something has changed with quarterback throwing motions which makes it harder to run timing based routes and results in many more sacks. I've actually seen my quaterback completely release the ball, get hit by a defender, and the ball suctions back into the qbs hand. Absolute garbage. I haven't played a single game without saying "oh that's bull ****" at least once. I enjoy the game, atmosphere, recruiting, coach carousel etc. But the gameplay this year makes me sick. Slider tweaks have very little impact for me.

I've come to the conclusion that Madden will be my football game fix for this year because the gameplay can't possibly be as awful as ncaa.

All that said, if you're enjoying the game.. congrats. Happy for you guys. It's just taking me a while to realize I'm not with you. I stopped enjoying it unfortunately. Countdown to Madden.

Last edited by Meast21Forever; 08-08-2011 at 11:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »