Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #65
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Anybody else burned out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
This is the 2nd time I saw you mention this. Can you explain this? What does L2 do? I thought that was pitch or fake pitch.
Sure thing. I had it in this thread.

Middle touch pass

Here is what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
The L2/LT Button:

The L2/LT button when throwing adds air to the trajectory of the ball.

Now I have been trying it and this is what I can tell you.

On a lob pass, it definitely goes higher and does very rarely gets picked off by the trailing CB on deep passes. It makes the ball come down at a higher angle and more of a basket catch is made by the receiver.

On bullet passes I seen a difference as well.

When my receiver is running an out route and the defense is in zone, the ball seems to drop in towards the sideline and the LBs will jump for it, just as the do to pick off the bullet passes, but just hit air and the ball keeps going. So it adds a bit more air under your bullet.

When running a quick out route, have you guys noticed if you throw the bullet then the receiver will loose 2 yards to catch the ball? Well when I throw the L2/LT and throw that bullet to the out route, the ball floats over the top of the receiver and he catches it over the head and does not loose ground. Careful though, safeties and DBs if in man, coming in at a perpendicular angle from the path of the ball can pick these off.

Two warnings:

1) Throwing with L2/LT makes the release of the QB longer. Similar to if you throw a long bomb, he winds up for more power, he will wind up for more of a finesse pass.

2) Since you press and hold L2/LT when throwing, you need to release it once the ball is in the air. If you hold it when your receiver catches, he will try to lateral the ball backwards as that is what the button is supposed to do when you control a ball carrier.

Now I at first thought it was all a placebo effect when I first used it.. and some of my friends are still skeptical... so don't think I am saying this is 100% fact. But I have noticed a huge difference when I use this button and do not deal with "Super LBs" when throwing. In fact, I am only picked off by mistakes by me or being rushed, almost never cheap AI things. (And if I am, it is only warping but I can live with that as I only see it like once a season.)

So try it for yourself and see. I am pretty sure it makes a difference and should put an end to the Middle pass and Super LB debate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 8

I am getting there. I've played through 3 seasons and why I've enjoyed their being more defense for me, more sacks, better running, etc, I'm sick of psychic DB's by the defense of both the CPU and me, psychic linebackers, etc, it just ruins gameplay. I can't go deep hardly because of this fear. I run slants, short out patterns and screens. I usually pass 10 times a game max. I have turned Kentucky into a run the ball 50-60 times a game type team, and while I"m winning games due to ball control offense and such, and great defense, it feels cheap to me because its not our realistic gameplan in real life. But at the same time, if I throw the ball 20-30 times, I'll get psychic DBs getting at least 3-4 INTs a game which is NOT realistic either...and I'd be suffering tons of losses due to it.

I'm to the point where I'm quitting games before halftime at the start of season 4 due to 2-3 times my WR has the DB beat by 5 yards and they always morph to do an over the shoulder INT to steal a catch from my guy...it's ridiculous. So now I'm just about to start simming games or something...or take a break for a few days, not sure.

I'm also burned out on the stupid glitch in scheduling logic which has ruined custom conferences for me to an extent. While I have found a set up that works with 3 16 team conferences(SEC, Pac12, BIG Ten), and one 14(ACC), and a bunch of 8 and 7 team ones....I'd rather have kept it more realistic but the game kept screwing up with 12 team conferences with 8 conference games, etc. So, I had to tinker and do something drastic with the custom conferences to get a working schedule. It just annoys me.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #67
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Sure thing. I had it in this thread.

Middle touch pass

Here is what I said:

Thanks. This is weird. I've never even heard of this. I'd be really interested in EA confirming this.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:03 PM   #68
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Quote:
Thanks. This is weird. I've never even heard of this. I'd be really interested in EA confirming this.
I would too. I mean I feel like it makes a difference but.. I try to not say anything with certainty without confirmation. I have thought about emailing EA and asking but... it doesnt matter that much to me.. I already feel like it does and maybe that is enough for me to play better.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #69
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I would too. I mean I feel like it makes a difference but.. I try to not say anything with certainty without confirmation. I have thought about emailing EA and asking but... it doesnt matter that much to me.. I already feel like it does and maybe that is enough for me to play better.
I'll definitely try it.

I find that the single biggest thing you can do to pass better is to set your feet. Read: stop moving before you throw.

I have had a few recent games where I threw some nice touch passes like in that other thread but still it seems like when the computer wants to bust the play it does, visual representations be damned.

Oh another thing, in the load screen tips I had one that said "WARNING: you are throwing lead passes. Release the L stick to throw on balance."

I was wondering if that is actually a result of my gameplay being measured by the program or just a stock tip.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
I don't think anyone is saying that the psychic DB thing happens on every single play or that reasonable looking plays like the above never happen. What people are saying is that on the whole, there's a ton of CPU "cheating" type stuff that is resulting in enough unrealistic looking outcomes so as to spoil the experience for many.
Actually i was told in this very thread anything above freshman and the only way to have success passing the ball is if you are exploiting the defense and that I was in denial if I believed otherwise.

I have also heard certain routes such as out routes were impossible to complete.

I am saying that's quite simply untrue. That cap is an example of that.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
I hadn't heard of it either until that thread. I'd love to get some EA clarification on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #72
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Quote:
Oh another thing, in the load screen tips I had one that said "WARNING: you are throwing lead passes. Release the L stick to throw on balance."

I was wondering if that is actually a result of my gameplay being measured by the program or just a stock tip.
No that's real. Think about it, its natural and I do it with every throw.

When you throw a real football, do you not take a step with you lead foot (left foot if you are right handed) and step into your throw? So why wouldn't your digital QB do the same thing?

It helps soooo much with power and accuracy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »