Home

leaving for draft sucks

This is a discussion on leaving for draft sucks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #17
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: leaving for draft sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
I've never had more than two guys leave early and it's never taken more than 3 hours total to get an answer one way or another. I'm not sure why you get 10 hours to work on them.

I actually had a funny situation with a true junior RB that progressed to a 99 overall rating (don't ask me how that happens).

I actually had TWO 99 rated RB's, the guy leaving was about to be a true senior, so I convinced him to stay then promptly redshirted him.

I run a tight ship.

Could you imagine if that happened in real life? That RB would be out of there so fast

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #18
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
If anything, it's a LITTLE too easy to keep guys around, imo.

How many starters at top flight universities stay for four years? 50% maybe? (just picked that number out of thin air)

A lot of the first round draft picks this year weren't seniors...
Alot of them.. Its just there is a bigger buzz over someone leaving early then someone who graduates and leaves.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:37 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
I've never had more than two guys leave early and it's never taken more than 3 hours total to get an answer one way or another. I'm not sure why you get 10 hours to work on them.

I actually had a funny situation with a true junior RB that progressed to a 99 overall rating (don't ask me how that happens).

I actually had TWO 99 rated RB's, the guy leaving was about to be a true senior, so I convinced him to stay then promptly redshirted him.

I run a tight ship.

You dont get 10 hours to talk to them you lose that time in the first week of recruiting following players leaving period.

And I have had 8-10 guys wanting to leave early many times (in NCAA 11 not 12) and its heartbreaking. I havent had a monster season in 12 yet to warrent half the team wanting to go early. I have alot of senior starters across the board and I like that.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #20
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Alot of them.. Its just there is a bigger buzz over someone leaving early then someone who graduates and leaves.
Idk, depends on your definition of "alot of them" is. I would take that to mean 75%+. I would be surprised if 3 out of 4 multi-year starters at major schools actually play all four years.

I've been wrong before, though.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

pro potential is not affected by ppl getting drafted. if you play as a service academy where players will never leave early, you can still get a high pro potential rating if you have good players who get awards and make aa teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #22
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Idk, depends on your definition of "alot of them" is. I would take that to mean 75%+. I would be surprised if 3 out of 4 multi-year starters at major schools actually play all four years.

I've been wrong before, though.
Well don't be confused.. Just because many skill positions leave.. doesn't mean thats the majority. Even at top-flight universities (which I assume means schools that are "powerhouses" and not have freak couple of years like USC did or Florida just had) the majority of people are seniors that stay and will wont go pro.

Look at say... Tennessee. They are a top-flight university to most people but i am sure they have a bunch of seniors on their team. A&M, Michigan, PSU. But again, it depends on what you consider top-flight though. (A&M maybe a stretch...)
Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 AM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoqball
Am I the only person who doesn't even try to convince players to stay? The CPU doesn't convince their players to stay, and it's not like the player needs another advantage.
I don't allow myself to talk players into staying either as I don't need any other ways to make my team better than the CPU teams. The only exception I'll make is if my mediocre K or P decide they want to go pro because I'll likely end up taking a walkon since I haven't recruited anyone.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hell yea, my 90 RB Sophomore was going to go pro this past season but I spent an hour on him and he decided to come back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »