Home

Weird BCS/Top 25 Rankings?

This is a discussion on Weird BCS/Top 25 Rankings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:09 PM   #17
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Weird BCS/Top 25 Rankings?

So far I've seen pretty fair standings. Sure there'll be a school one year that makes an unbelievable run (but hey, that happens) However, weirdest team I have ranked in my Top 25 is Kansas State.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

This was much better in previous editions of the game. They must have tweaked this and now this really sucks bad.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #19
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHurley2010
So far I've seen pretty fair standings. Sure there'll be a school one year that makes an unbelievable run (but hey, that happens) However, weirdest team I have ranked in my Top 25 is Kansas State.
Same here, I don't get any real odd teams being in the Top 25. Just because you guys don't think non-BCS conference teams should be allowed in the Top 25 doesn't make it odd, and if you want to stop them from going undefeated then give them some better competition.

As for making the top 5 over BCS schools, I think the flaw is in the game's BCS ranking system. I think it should weigh the Schedule difficulty of each school MUCH MUCH heavier, that would slow down the lower tier teams from gaining ranks so quickly.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

BCS Rankings after the championship games in my 2nd year with Tulane (large image)

Spoiler

LSU lost to Auburn (SEC Champs) and to Kentucky/Washington (both were under .500) Yet they still somehow made the championship game over 1-2 loss teams.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 PM   #21
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I have seen pretty fair BCS standings.

Me too...so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #22
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I had the opposite. I beat a ton of top teams and only got in the National Championship by playing the Pac-12 game to make sure Stanford lost. Think it was when going for the BYU achievement but I've done the first season a few times so I'm not sure.

Texas A&M got in the National Championship twice from the 4-6 times I've done the first season. Thought that was weird.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #23
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

So I go undefeated and Auburn, Boise St, West Virginia, Oregon St and Nevada all have one loss teams. They don't make the championship game. I do. F!!!!!!

I hope I get creamed...

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 08-11-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

It a lot of weird stuff with the rankings I don't know how they make them. My 1st season SMU vs OU National title. Western Michigan Miami (OH) Troy, Houston and Nevada are powerhouse schools. Alabama, Florida, USC, Miami (FL), Texas, are nowhere to be found in the top 25, but are always in the top of recruiting. Very weird stuff going on.

Another thing I think is that the prestige levels rise to easy. Just have a good season and gain a star I turned Washington into a 6 star program in only 3 seasons with the 1st National title and conference title in the 3rd season. I see the same with the little schools mentioned above, win your conference a couple times and skyrocket to elite levels, maybe gain prestige levels after 2 or 3 solid seasons

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »