Home

Heisman too easy???

This is a discussion on Heisman too easy??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #17
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Heisman too easy???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I actually feel sorry for these football(or any sport) gaming gods. If I knew that a win, and most likely an easy win was pretty much a forgone conclusion, then I would lose all interest in playing the game. I wouldn't care about recruiting, free agency, drafting, trading, injuries, schemes, nothing would matter if at the end of the day all roads lead to a blow out win.

Being an average player, who actually benefits from team building, rules.
I have taken a few day break then getting back into NCAA. It sucks. I can't play ODs cause of slow connection and the Heisman CPU is a breeze.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #18
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokemypole8
Im calling BS, this guy either screwed around with the sliders, edited all of his players to 99, or re-plays each game till he wins. In mine, and many of my friends experience, if you are playing a team that is rated above you, then no matter what your skill level, you will have a 25 percent chance of winning. sorry man, but you definitely did something to the game to go 11-0 with Rutgers, gotta call you out on it.
Sorry... but you're just wrong. I've played in an online dynasty with a group of guys for the past four years. We always play on Heisman with default sliders. This year we required our eight owners to select only non Top 25 teams, 3* or less in a BCS Conference. Of course, we are very familiar with playing the game on Heisman. Last year we played 29 seasons of Online Dynasty. The current owner in our league that has Boston College had over a 100 game win streak in last years game and won a grand total of 18 National Championships during the 29 season league. But I wouldn't call out someone because they said they are undefeated with Rutgers.

We have two 3* programs that are undefeated. A third program lost 76-63 to Oklahoma after throwing 6 interceptions.

*** The Boston College owner is currently 9-0. The Eagles were the lowest ranked team in the pre-season poll at #67.

*** I am using Louisvillle and I am currently 9-0, too. The Cardinals were rated #62 in the pre-season poll.

Besides the blow-outs that I have listed below.... Most games were decided by less than two TDs.

The Boston College owner beat:
Northwestern in the opener 42-14
Duke in week three 77-17
FCS East in week four 105-0

HB Montel Harris is third in Heisman voting. He has 856 yards rushing on 161 carries and 17 TDs.

Louisville beat:
FCS Southeast 49-14
Marshall 38-17
Rutgers 49-31

HB Victor Anderson leads the country with 1032 yards rushing on 131 carries and 16 TDs.

We have a third owner that took over Texas Tech and is 8-1. He is a passing fool.

Texas Tech beat:
Texas 82-56
Iowa State 80-16
Texas A&M 58-34
lost to Oklahoma 76-63

QB Seth Doege stats are unreal. 166-299 4,976 yards 42 TDs 19 ints.
WR Tramain Swindall has 48 receptions 2,634 yards 23 TDs 5 drops (54.8 ypc)

Follow our progress at http://www.ncaadynastyelite.com

Last edited by FAIRDALE_KINGS; 08-11-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
Pro

tHurley2010's Arena

OVR: 9

I am using Matt10's Heisman sliders, with some tweaks because I found that the game became a little too easy, so I bumped some of the CPUs sliders and it has made a ton of difference for me. Playing as Nebraska, I had no problem dispatching Memphis (I replaced the FCS team with them). I shut them out, so I felt pretty good with my defense.

Next game against Fresno State was a struggle, which is plausible to me. I won on a late FG 26-23. After that, I played against Washington who I had no problem beating, again, which seemed plausible to me. I won 31-3. Had no problem taking care of Wyoming, winning 26-0 in the rain.

Then the ranked B1G schedule began @ #6 Wisconsin, which I won in a very good competitive game, 34-24. I was 5-0 and ranked #5 in the nation, feeling pretty good. In came #18 Ohio State (recently losing to Michigan State and Miami). Was up 17-14 at half and then got completely shut down in the second half, losing 26-17.

Basically, what I'm trying to iterate is that with the sliders I'm using, the teams you should beat you are 75% of the time going to beat, however, an upset isn't out of the picture (see: Fresno State-makes it very realistic). Teams that are even with you are going to give you a 50-50% chance of winning and requires great play-calling and skill to win a game. And teams that you shouldn't beat, haven't ran into those in dynasty, are going to beat you 75% of the time.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #20
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
Sorry... but you're just wrong. I've played in an online dynasty with a group of guys for the past four years. We always play on Heisman with default sliders. This year we required our eight owners to select only non Top 25 teams, 3* or less in a BCS Conference. Of course, we are very familiar with playing the game on Heisman. Last year we played 29 seasons of Online Dynasty. The current owner in our league that has Boston College had over a 100 game win streak in last years game and won a grand total of 18 National Championships during the 29 season league. But I wouldn't call out someone because they said they are undefeated with Rutgers.

We have two 3* programs that are undefeated. A third program lost 76-63 to Oklahoma after throwing 6 interceptions.

*** The Boston College owner is currently 9-0. The Eagles were the lowest ranked team in the pre-season poll at #67.

*** I am using Louisvillle and I am currently 9-0, too. The Cardinals were rated #62 in the pre-season poll.

Besides the blow-outs that I have listed below.... Most games were decided by less than two TDs.

The Boston College owner beat:
Northwestern in the opener 42-14
Duke in week three 77-17
FCS East in week four 105-0

HB Montel Harris is third in Heisman voting. He has 856 yards rushing on 161 carries and 17 TDs.

Louisville beat:
FCS Southeast 49-14
Marshall 38-17
Rutgers 49-31

HB Victor Anderson leads the country with 1032 yards rushing on 131 carries and 16 TDs.

We have a third owner that took over Texas Tech and is 8-1. He is a passing fool.

Texas Tech beat:
Texas 82-56
Iowa State 80-16
Texas A&M 58-34
lost to Oklahoma 76-63

QB Seth Doege stats are unreal. 166-299 4,976 yards 42 TDs 19 ints.
WR Tramain Swindall has 48 receptions 2,634 yards 23 TDs 5 drops (54.8 ypc)

Follow our progress at http://www.ncaadynastyelite.com

You do too much for the community for me to give you a hard time, but with those results why would you NOT tweak the OD sliders to create more of a challenge FK???
Old 08-12-2011, 01:17 AM   #21
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
You do too much for the community for me to give you a hard time, but with those results why would you NOT tweak the OD sliders to create more of a challenge FK???
Well the reason why we can't bump up the sliders is because we have one guy that still hasn't figured out how to beat the game consistently on Heisman. He routinely loses four games or more per season against the CPU... and he rarely beats a human opponent.

Last year this guy took over an absolutely loaded Notre Dame team which another owner had abandoned. This team had 9 players rated 99 overall and a grand total of 37 players rated 90+ overall. Yet he would lose consistently to the Hawai'i, Fresno State and UCF's of the world.

This year I fear that we have two more guys that would fit into that category as well. They have yet to master the art of playing on Heisman. One guy admitted that he had never played on Heisman because he found the CPU was too hard and his results confirm it. Both guys have sub .500 records at Kansas State and Illinois.

Even though Louisville and Boston College are undefeated... I have had some white-knuckle games. While we do have four or five very good players that are expected to beat the CPU routinely it is an EVENT when someone does lose. There is plenty of good-natured ribbing and you better expect the texts to fly and attend (as we call it) your press conference and face the media. We hammer people for losses.

Our seasons are determined by the games against your HUMAN opponents. In the first season our COMMISH gave every coach a pass and did not make us play any HUMAN opponents out of conference. This allowed everyone to get comfortable with NCAA '12- It allowed us get our feet wet with the new game and recruiting. We could get familiar with our new teams and allowed us to build a little coach's prestige as we move forward with our coaching careers. It will be interesting to see how the Coaches Carousel dynamic affects our dynasty.

But to really answer your question.... why would you NOT tweak the OD sliders to create more of a challenge FK? I think I answered this earlier but we have to accomodate more than just the best players in the league. We have to keep everyone happy and keep somewhat of a competitive balance. Like I said we have one guy that struggles with wins on Heisman already. In his opener he beat FCS Northwest 24-14 and was tied late in the fourth quarter.

I'm afraid that if we tweak the sliders that we would still have our best players routinely going undefeated and or going 12-1 with the only loss vs. their Human opponent. Our best players would adapt and step up to the challenge. But it would really get ugly for our average players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 02:32 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Heisman sucks, it's not that its too hard, it's simply a cheat fest for the CPU

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #23
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
lower the user sliders is all i can say
Exactly what I would suggest

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 0

exploiting glitches in the game is not winning, its cheating. my opinion remains that you would have to do something to the game in order to beat teams that are consistently better than you overall. yes, some people are better than others, but knowing how the game is coded it is highly unlikely that your undefeated seasons and 100 game win streaks on Heisman happened by skill alone. Say what you want, but I doubt your claims are entirely factual

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »