Home

Sick Of!!

This is a discussion on Sick Of!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #73
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Sick Of!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Agreed with pretty much everyone's points in this thread... I think everyone would be happy if they just tuned the defenses reaction times to 'hide' the psychic problem.
Seems to me if they put a delay in the button press reaction. Say instead of how it is now where they react the second you press the button maybe put in a 1 second delay or something around there so the ball is actually headed toward your WR before they react. This would help matters a lot!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #74

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
I'm guessing it's not a problem then when your wideout decides to comeback to the QB on an underthrown ball when he never turned around?
My WR's don't even put their hands out for the ball, nevermind coming back to an underthrown ball.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
No human player can react that fast. They will have to see the ball actually leave your hand and figure out where its going then try to adjust. The AI DBs know the second your find presses the button and immediatly head right to the spot the ball is going.

Another thing you wont be able to do as a human is take control of a crossing defensive playing following another WR and make him warp backwards up in the air instantly batting down a ball that was going behind them a second ago.

These are both things the AI does constantly that another human you are playing with couldn't do. So your argument is somewhat valid but not completely because the computer is 10x fast than a human will be doing this stuff.
Yes of course the CPU is 10x faster, I stated that they are faster. But my premise was, that IF a HUM did that against you... you wouldn't cry foul.

I agree that they (CPU) need to be tuned very slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Seems to me if they put a delay in the button press reaction. Say instead of how it is now where they react the second you press the button maybe put in a 1 second delay or something around there so the ball is actually headed toward your WR before they react. This would help matters a lot!
That would be way too much... and EA is in a catch 22 (as I've stated) that if its 'too' long of a delay then it becomes way too easy. But if its to quick then its 'unrealistic'.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #76
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

problem is that its been right before, and that is what we are pointing out...there is a CLEAR issue that is taking away from the fact this is supposed to be a simulation game. we shouldn't have to still 'pretend' that its good coverage when it is well within the realm of correcting the issue.

here are a few example of simple head tracking and procedural awareness so we don't have to pretend...and no it's not a 2k vs EA ploy its legitimate proof that its possible to program DB's to play realistically. going forward this is exactly how i would like to see EA program the defenders to play coverage.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #77
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
That would be way too much... and EA is in a catch 22 (as I've stated) that if its 'too' long of a delay then it becomes way too easy. But if its to quick then its 'unrealistic'.
Sounds like it would be a nice slider...or a component of the coverage slider.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
problem is that its been right before, and that is what we are pointing out...there is a CLEAR issue that is taking away from the fact this is supposed to be a simulation game. we shouldn't have to still 'pretend' that its good coverage when it is well within the realm of correcting the issue.

here are a few example of simple head tracking and procedural awareness so we don't have to pretend...and no it's not a 2k vs EA ploy its legitimate proof that its possible to program DB's to play realistically. going forward this is exactly how i would like to see EA program the defenders to play coverage.
While those are all great and I love APF and 2k in general. Its a different game, different code. EA still would have to write the "new" code and get it implemented properly and we know how that will go with their track record of 'year 1 new features'.

Also no one was saying that its impossible to program this. Its just that with the code they have now, we don't know if it could be done in a proper fashion without breaking something else.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Sounds like it would be a nice slider...or a component of the coverage slider.
Exactly... I stated earlier that EA needs to give us the Madden sliders which has reaction time (slider).
Old 08-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #80
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Love those videos up there. One thing I noticed, those replays had ::GASP:: a CURSOR!!!!

Why has NCAA football gotten rid of the cursor in recent versions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »