Home

Coach Mode QB Scramble

This is a discussion on Coach Mode QB Scramble within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coach Mode QB Scramble

is there anyway to tell your QB to scramble on a broken pass play? my QB is a scrambler but he rarely scrambles, instead he just throws the ball into coverage and its starting to piss me off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Coach Mode QB Scramble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc314
is there anyway to tell your QB to scramble on a broken pass play? my QB is a scrambler but he rarely scrambles, instead he just throws the ball into coverage and its starting to piss me off
Nope. Are you using named rosters jc?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Nope. Are you using named rosters jc?
no im not, and this is so i can better determine who the freshman are on the field for the upcoming seasons
Old 08-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

What I have done is up the awareness of the rosters. If you look most scrambling QBs have low awareness. Once you change this to 80 or above, the QB will take off on a broken pass play or throw the ball away. Has been working great for me.

The only draw back is it will up the overall ratings, esp on the QB, but the QB play is alot better.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

I definitely haven't had this problem even with awareness in the 50's and 60's (Braxton Miller). If anything they are taking off before receivers even have a chance to get open...

Not complaining though, it has been great to see. I am using the community rosters with edited strength, break tackle, ect. I also go through each off season and edit all the incoming freshman to their correct tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #6
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

You're sure you haven't edited your QB in any way possible? Or the fact that he's been a recruit?

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 08-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
You're sure you haven't edited your QB in any way possible? Or the fact that he's been a recruit?
Yea, there sounds like the roster glitch at work. It's exactly what you see with it: scrambling QB's won't break when they should.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »