Home

Air raid offence

This is a discussion on Air raid offence within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Air raid offence

2 things I'd like help on if possible.

1) I currently use the following 7 passing concepts in my CPB:

Shallow cross
Mesh
Corner
Smash
Stick
Vertical
Slants

But I'm looking to add a couple more, while sticking to the air raid philosophy. If possible they would be available in several formations. Passing concepts only please, I've got my screen and running game sorted.

2) I'm having real trouble running the smash. Even against cover two I cant fit the pass in between the corner and the safety. Any tips? I've tried leading, bullet, touch and lob passes but no to no avail!

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Air raid offence

Although it isn't a true air raid concept, you should add Trail to that list. There are a bunch of trail plays mixed in amongst a variety of gun formations (most notably Shotgun Bunch and Shotgun Y Trips Wk) and it is my go to play call on 3rd and 5 or so. It is an absolute man coverage killer, especially if you have either a fast slot WR or a very good TE. I have trail routes in my Okie State style attack in 4 formations and it is absolute money, on and offline.

It mixes in really well with both your shallow cross, mesh and stick plays since a lot of the other corresponding routes in these plays come from those styles.

As for Smash, my only real success comes against cover 0 with the slot WR manned up on a safety or linebacker. Any time there is a safety over the top, they somehow play it perfect and the angle is just terrible. IF I do try and force it under the safety, I try to lead my receiver down and towards the sideline so I can manually come back to it.

I killed with smash last year but have found very little success except vs heavy blitz this year.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quick Out routes
HB Swing
HB Flats
Bubble/Bubble Screens
HB Screens
WR Screens
WR Middle Screens (Trust me, We [Texas Tech] run a **** ton of screens)
"Scat" plays
"Mesh" plays (The ones where the receiver has the option of continuing the drag or sitting in the zone)

Hoped these helped

Oh, and any play that has the name "Air" or "Raid" in it.... Like "Raid Under" as well as plays that are like 617 and what not.

You know what, just look at TTUs playbook and you will know what kind of route combos you want.. they have some unique plays in there that are only in like... 4 other playbooks.

Last edited by MagicMan1315; 08-11-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

http://ncaastrategies.com/utopia/top...-raid-offense/
Old 08-12-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Bubble/Bubble Screens

WR Middle Screens (Trust me, We [Texas Tech] run a **** ton of screens)
To help the OP I will say this... in the Air Raid the two plays above are staples. I live in Big XII country and have seen a ton of Texas Tech games and have many on VHS/DVD. The WR Mid Screen was the play where Michael Crabtree would just kill teams. And Al Davis didn't draft him because he didn't have "elite" speed... LOL Crabtree was gold on that play.

The Bubble Screen is another staple and Wes Welker among others did w/ this what Crabtree did w/ the Mid Screen.

However... that said... in the video game, the Mid Screen cannot be run against Man... it will get blown up 99.9% of the time. Call it against Cover 3 or Blitz. In fact, use it as an audible, don't ever call it from the play call screen.

The Bubble... works correctly about 1% of the time. When '12 first came out I played about 25 games and had the Bubble, and Scat, as audibles. I called this play roughly 100-125 times over the course of 25 games... so only 4-5 times a game. Always as an audible. And once... ONE TIME did this play work for anything substantial.

Typically it goes for a 1 yard gain, gets batted down or is picked off. So w/ a 1% or less chance of success... just delete this play from your playbook. It's totally useless in the game. EA has the WR's running too slow and once they catch the ball, it takes them a half hour to get moving again.

The Scat is fine, because you have X or Z, depending on if you "Flip" the play, running an In. Bubble Screens... like a real bubble, will get popped and it will drive you crazy.

The Mid Screen takes precise timing. I took a half hour in Practice Mode and got the timing down, but only use it as an audible against Cover 3/4 and only once or twice a game. If you do it that way, it works. But get the timing down.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #6
Banned

Death, I knew you were eventually going to post in here.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Death, I knew you were eventually going to post in here.
Is that good or bad? LOL

Old 08-12-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
Is that good or bad? LOL
Definitely good, every post from you is enlightening and usually a fantastic read into either the RnS or AR systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »