Home

Punt Returns

This is a discussion on Punt Returns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Punt Returns

So far I'm loving this game but I can't seem to get even close to returning a punt for a TD.. I have 7 kickoff returns but 0 punt returns. It seems like all the defenders on the punt return have super human strength and speed. Is anybody else having this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Punt Returns

I have 3, and i think i know what might help you out. I got 1 before i made this change but the stars had to align. After the change, many more chances came up.

You need to up the CPU punt power. If they kick it a little farther, it gives you a little more time to get the corner or a good block. Otherwise, there's always EXACTLY 3 guys who shut down your angles and unless you break 1-2 tackles, you're toast.

Stick with it tho, it is possible.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

I have had a few. What I do is I cut to one side when I catch the ball, and then after running about 10 yards I cut to the other side across the field. You catch the defense running the wrong way, giving you a pretty good chance to return it.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

I've only had 1 to my 4 kick returns. I'll have to try upping the CPU kick power. It's not one of those for sure things, right? Like, it's still a challenge to make returns?
Old 08-12-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComebackDylan
I've only had 1 to my 4 kick returns. I'll have to try upping the CPU kick power. It's not one of those for sure things, right? Like, it's still a challenge to make returns?
It's still absolutely difficult (i don't know if it gets easier if you REALLY jack up the CPU punt power, i only bumped it to 60). The tradeoff is you could get tackled immediately and end up with consistently worse field position. I am currently at 3 punt returns ever compared to 11 kickoff returns, so the ratio seems reasonable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 12:25 AM   #6
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

Seems to me the return game was a lot better than in recent years, but once I added the custom rosters it was back to the same-old. Could it have been the tuning?

That said, I do make punt returns for TDs on occasion. Will try the longer CPU kicks.

Also, it seems the ability to block field goals is gone. There was some cheese coming in from the sides in '11, though.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

i have 5 PRTDs so far on 12, the way i get most of mine is try to get to the wide side corner if u get past the first line either take it up the sideline or cut back depending on where the defenders are, definatly not gunna be an every time type deal but once in a while the stars align. ive gotten 2 fgs and 1 pat so far all shooting the A gap with the mlb and timing it right, pretty tough to do thought
Old 08-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroom
I have had a few. What I do is I cut to one side when I catch the ball, and then after running about 10 yards I cut to the other side across the field. You catch the defense running the wrong way, giving you a pretty good chance to return it.

I agree with this.

I've only run one back for a TD (another was called back for holding) but I have had solid returns in general by using very sudden changes of direction like the above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »