Home

Recruiting/Discipline

This is a discussion on Recruiting/Discipline within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 03:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Recruiting/Discipline

I miss the old system as well. I used to recruit players only with a discpline rating of 'good' or higher, with the rare exception of a phenom whose rating was 'average'. I always dumped recruits with 'poor' or 'below average' from my recruiting board. This system worked well in that I never really had any discpline problems after about 3-4 years into my dynasty and it was pretty cool when my schools academic prestige would increase after a few years. Although far from perfect, it added an element of realism and intrigue that the current system lacks.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #18
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Discipline would be a nice feature but if it were to be added the system of infractions would have to be far more balanced than it previously was.

The problem I see with this being added is the game engine cannot handle ratings below 70 very well. So if you get a low discipline guy, he will probably get in trouble every other week.

With that said I dont see this feature ever coming back because it is a black eye to the NCAA. If it did come back, EA would have to get some really good talkers with some forked tounges to smooth it over with the NCAA. (Atleast if I were the NCAA I would not want my brand associated with negatives).

Also I say that the engine doesn't work well with low ratings based off of my observations of low awareness players acting like they have blindfolds on.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingTrivial
Here's a screenshot for example
thanks!

LOL, I can see why the NCAA wanted that out though. Did they have drug violations and arrests in there too?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #20
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maademperor
thanks!

LOL, I can see why the NCAA wanted that out though. Did they have drug violations and arrests in there too?
I don't think so, but honestly, I can't remember. I remember most of them being academic rules being broken or team rules(curfew etc.).
Old 08-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

gotcha, even still, its a part of the coaching life that the NCAA would like to say is not evident or even prevalent.

kinda like in NFL2k, 2k1 and 2k2 you could blatantly perform late hits at any time, and you would get called for it but the NFL was like, "WTF, it happens but its not supposed to and its extremely infrequent, take it out" (still felt good to nail your opponent after he scored a touchdown on you though)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »