Home

Recruiting is driving me crazy!

This is a discussion on Recruiting is driving me crazy! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Recruiting is driving me crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
The game doesn't just add a guy to your roster who is a 4 star and has other offers unless he's on your board and you've been recruiting him. That's your fault you signed him. If you wanted him at Iowa you should have stopped recruiting him.
I've had the computer add players of 4* caliber during off season recruiting when I didn't recruit them at all during the season. I also have all computer help turned off.

It only happens during off-season recruiting, but it does happen, especially the last two weeks. These are also players that are not in an area of need either.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #10
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
The game doesn't just add a guy to your roster who is a 4 star and has other offers unless he's on your board and you've been recruiting him. That's your fault you signed him. If you wanted him at Iowa you should have stopped recruiting him.
That was true in previous games, but not in this game. I'd consider it a bug, but maybe it's a "feature". In years past you would get walkons which are crappy guys that the CPU added only to fill a position of need. They would only add enough walkons to fill your needs.

In '12, in the offseason during signing week, the CPU will randomly add a bunch of recruits (for me it's been enough to fill all available scholarships). 90% of these guys have been guys I've never spoken to. This includes that 4* OLB that I wish had ended up in Iowa. With high prestige teams, some of these random guys that are added are pretty good and would be starters in a year or 2 on some CPU teams.

This is the worst in ODs because it happens to all 12 user teams. We have recruiting restrictions in place to try to keep the CPU teams viable in the future, but the CPU just craps on those restrictions and fills our teams with extra guys anyway.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 08-12-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Part of the game when u don't have enough players at a certain position.....Like every1 else has said, cut them and move on
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Part of the game when u don't have enough players at a certain position.....Like every1 else has said, cut them and move on
You're not reading the posts in this thread.

These aren't guys added to fill positions of need. They're guys randomly added during signing week that have nothing to do with needs. Even when I had all needs filled, I had 9 guys added during signing week.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

Maybe the workaround would be to just add a bunch of nobody recruits, whom you can then cut if they sign, to your board to ensure the game doesn't add any high profile guys to your list that you don't need.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #14
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't know why EA changed the game to do this (it didn't in previous games) but I really don't like it. I had a 4* good looking OLB sign with me despite having 100% interest and a scholly offer from Iowa. So instead of becoming a Hawkeye and giving me some competition, he was cut, never to play college ball again.
And we're sure they don't show up on another team somewhere?

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #15
Contributor

TheKnack's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't get the complaints here. The walkons aren't taking any spots that you were potentially gonna fill with others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #16
Pro

xcrushx's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm completely fed up with the half *** job EA had done with this series since switching to next gen. It's been a real sorry effort. The game is not realistic at all. Dynasty is a mess this year. This is just one of those small things that irritates to me to no end. Give us an option to turn off walk ons. I don't want these guys. It's completely unrealistic. Give us the option to invite players we want to walk on. Don't just throw a bunch of random *** guys on our roster.

Why don't they just create an additional screen during the off-season. Handle it much like transfers. Show all the guys who want to walk on and let us decide if we want to accept them or not. There, problem solved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »