Home

Recruiting is driving me crazy!

This is a discussion on Recruiting is driving me crazy! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruiting is driving me crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
No, the OP said he is getting a bunch of 1 or 2 star guys walking on that he has to cut.

There's no way that essentially "deleting" 10 1 or 2 star recruits has any effect on the talent pool as a whole. 1 and 2 star guys start out in the 40-50 OVR range. Most of them can't even start at 1* schools for their first year or two.

If you're cutting 10 4* guys from your team, yeah I can see an issue there, but he's not. It's 1 and 2* nobodies.
You argued with this guy also.

"I don't know why EA changed the game to do this (it didn't in previous games) but I really don't like it. I had a 4* good looking OLB sign with me despite having 100% interest and a scholly offer from Iowa. So instead of becoming a Hawkeye and giving me some competition, he was cut, never to play college ball again."

Thats what everyone is talking about. Not about the OP and his walk ons. That post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #26
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

I don't see why you cut him, just make up a random story as to why he chose your program and then keep the guy.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #27
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
I don't see why you cut him, just make up a random story as to why he chose your program and then keep the guy.
If you're talking about me (the guy that had the player who should've gone to Iowa sign with me) the reason I cut him is because I signed enough better players to hit my 70 player limit so I didn't need him (although Iowa did).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #28
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Just because another team is 100% with someone and offered a scholarship, doesn't mean they actually have any scholarships left to offer, which may be why you get 4 star walk ons.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #29
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
If you're talking about me (the guy that had the player who should've gone to Iowa sign with me) the reason I cut him is because I signed enough better players to hit my 70 player limit so I didn't need him (although Iowa did).
Ahhhh gotcha btw go Michigan state! Boo Michigan.

Last edited by cardinals57; 08-12-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 8

The same thing happened to me in my Virginia dynasty. CPU recruiting assistance was OFF. As soon as national signing day was over, I noticed that I was given a boatload of players I never recruited. Not the normal 44 rated walk-on to fill need areas, but a bunch of random players. Five were QBs and I ended up with like 9 quarterbacks on the roster. All told, I ended up with about 12 extra recruits.

What I noticed was this...I use the recruiting advisor in my dynasty and I noticed that every extra un-needed recruit that was added to my roster was someone that I ignored when my recruiting advisor suggested I add them to my recruiting board.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #31
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

My guess is that unless this is fixed the only way to get around it is to recruit and sign full/as close to full classes as possible. I know this is more of a bug than EA purposely putting it in the game. But look at it this way...teams over sign all the time. The teams in the S.E.C. Are notorious for oversigning recruits. They look at it like this...some won't qualify, some they will gray shirt...just look at it that way. Make the best of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
My guess is that unless this is fixed the only way to get around it is to recruit and sign full/as close to full classes as possible. I know this is more of a bug than EA purposely putting it in the game. But look at it this way...teams over sign all the time. The teams in the S.E.C. Are notorious for oversigning recruits. They look at it like this...some won't qualify, some they will gray shirt...just look at it that way. Make the best of it.
That's basically the approach I took when it happened to me. I immerse myself so much into recruiting that it was very easy to recognize the guys I didn't recruit. I just cut all of them and moved on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »