Home

Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw..

This is a discussion on Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Watched a lot of football last night, NEVER saw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbberry
hold down the LT when passing over the middle!! (xbox360)
it has completely changed the game for me. super lb or not they dont even try for it.
I'm probably going to sound really stupid asking this but what does that do?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #18
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn
It is broken, it's a fact. I've posted several images on various sites that show the ball is thrown entirely too low. There's an image on TGT I posted of a 30 yard post route being tipped by a LB at a depth of 8 yards and he barely had to jump.
What's TGT?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #19
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I hear ya and I'm not disputing what you're saying but you know what, if the LB's didn't make those plays the QB's line would look something like 35-38 for 550 yards and 6 TD's every game...Think about it, the passing game is so scripted and devoid of any real challenge other than just finding the open guy and hitting that button that it would be impossible to stop anyone if we didn't have leaping LB's. It doesn't bother me as much as most people...matter of fact I'd rather more defense than less...but I think I'm in the minority.
Well, it probably doesn't bother you because you excel at other passes. For me, personally, I've always gotten picked off on those deep comebacks and oddly enuff, I'm the only NCAA player who can't throw a deep fly bomb (I swear to god, in the last 3 years, I've NEVER EVER EVER had a reciever get behind coverage on a fly route, despite it happening in every college weekend but anyway.....). With that in mind, I rely heavily on the hitch routes, short out routes, and drags. But every once in a while, a short in route by the TE or a deep in route is open and when I throw the ball, some linebacker utilizes a massive vertical leap and swats it away. It's completely unrealistic and wrong, no argument around that.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
I hear ya and I'm not disputing what you're saying but you know what, if the LB's didn't make those plays the QB's line would look something like 35-38 for 550 yards and 6 TD's every game...Think about it, the passing game is so scripted and devoid of any real challenge other than just finding the open guy and hitting that button that it would be impossible to stop anyone if we didn't have leaping LB's. It doesn't bother me as much as most people...matter of fact I'd rather more defense than less...but I think I'm in the minority.
I agree and that's the problem. The coverage needs to be better. The LB swat feels so unrealisitc and ruins immersion. Make WR route-running a bigger factor. I still can't tell the difference between a good and bad route runner. Amp up coverage as well.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
I agree and that's the problem. The coverage needs to be better. The LB swat feels so unrealisitc and ruins immersion. Make WR route-running a bigger factor. I still can't tell the difference between a good and bad route runner. Amp up coverage as well.
truth.....we gotta get practice footage of this.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #22
Rookie

dizturbdazhole's Arena

OVR: 0

http://www.shacknews.com/article/365...llege-football

STOP BUYING THE GAME EVERY YEAR!!! It's called an economic vote! Stop voting for EA, you misunderstanding consumers!(sorry, had to make the name calling OS safe!)
Old 08-13-2011, 07:37 AM   #23
Rookie

Mrfrosty's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm fine with the LB'ers and their abilities to super jump and stop/spin on a dime and know where the ball is going even lookin the other way. But the one thing I can't stand (and I never saw it in the football games either...) is the CB who warps through my WR to pick me off and returns it for 6. Not once, not twice, but three times in a game with NIU vs Kansas that happened to me yesterday.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #24
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizturbdazhole
http://www.shacknews.com/article/365...llege-football

STOP BUYING THE GAME EVERY YEAR!!! It's called an economic vote! Stop voting for EA, you misunderstanding consumers!(sorry, had to make the name calling OS safe!)
It's not a horrible game and this isn't a "game-killer". As I said I really like playing, this just needs to be fixed.

Route-running needs to matter and coverage needs to be improved so they can take the LB swat out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »