Home

If I hear Gamebreaker one more time...

This is a discussion on If I hear Gamebreaker one more time... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6
If I hear Gamebreaker one more time...

I understand people have frustrations with the game and have valid complaints. However, so many people within these forums talk about how this or that ruins the game for them.

If zone logic ruins the game for you, then you have larger issues. There are definitely improvements that need to be made, but I'm not going to let that ruin this extremely fun game for me.

I have been playing NCAA College Football 96 and there have been many ups and downs. After NCAA 10' I thought I was never going to play the game again. 11 came out and it was a dramatic improvement in my mind and brought me back to the series i have enjoyed.

Lets try and stick to good ole fashioned critciszm and stop calling everything 'Gamebreaking'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: If I hear Gamebreaker one more time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
I understand people have frustrations with the game and have valid complaints. However, so many people within these forums talk about how this or that ruins the game for them.

If zone logic ruins the game for you, then you have larger issues. There are definitely improvements that need to be made, but I'm not going to let that ruin this extremely fun game for me.

I have been playing NCAA College Football 96 and there have been many ups and downs. After NCAA 10' I thought I was never going to play the game again. 11 came out and it was a dramatic improvement in my mind and brought me back to the series i have enjoyed.

Lets try and stick to good ole fashioned critciszm and stop calling everything 'Gamebreaking'
i'm with ya.

there are definitely things this year that take away from the experience (for me, it's coaching progression and job offer logic in cc. also super LB's are getting old). but i would never say the game is broken.
Chicago White Sox
Old 08-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

I got a "Game saver" for ya.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Strike a blow for sanity & mature thought! YES!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

This thread is a Gamebreaker for me. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #6
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

White uniforms not getting dirty, what a GAMEBREAKER!!

But yeah OP, I get annoyed with people saying that too.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #7
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

OVR: 3

Agreed. I know LB's are too much, but I've learned how to read them. No, it's not like real football passing, but I'm still throwing on average about 64% completion.

Funny how you adapt to what a computer football game does. I know that in tight man coverage, hooks are no-no's, and throwing over the middle is verboten if an LB is in the area where the ball will travel. It annoys me that there's no way to arc the ball (you'll get either a bullet or a sky-ball floater, but no in-between), but I've learned that I have a window if, for instance, a receiver is running a slant or post, and the MLB moves or strafes to the opposite side of the route.

The CPU has tendencies built into the code. Ho-hum. Always has been. May forever be that way--I dunno. I give the devs credit because I can't imagine a more difficult sport to program code for than a football game.

I don't know how many times I've thrown a ball to what I know is an open receiver, only to have an LB magically appear and bap the ball out of the air with one hand. I almost always mutter to myself, "Of course. It was an LB." Lol, really. My bad. Gotta' watch for those LB's in the passing lanes. It just it. The game has a logic of it's own, and that's cool by me.

Still really enjoying the game. It's fun. Really. I have nail-biters, losses, and great wins. It's all good, man.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Game breaker.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »