Home

Worst Way to Lose a Game

This is a discussion on Worst Way to Lose a Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2
Worst Way to Lose a Game

So I was recently playing a game in one of my dynasties. It was only week 2 so I wasn't concerned about losing too much. Down 28-24 I get a kick return TD with 6 seconds left in the game but a holding penalty brings me back to the 16 and needless to say the hail mary didn't work.

On top of that the next week I lose because of glitch in the game. I had seen this before but in the 2010 version of the game. My safety goes for the swat and the ball literally goes right through his hand. The receiver gets it and because he burned my corner he has no problem getting to the endzone. Its only the second time I've seen this happen and I've played the past 3 games, but the fact that it happened in the final minute of the game with a TD being win or lose really got me going.

So that got me thinking, whats the worst loss any of you guys have had?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Worst Way to Lose a Game

Not a close loss, more of an EA Sports patented "Eff You" Game. Iowa 's RB Johnson had 2 straight td runs to start the game, each for 75 yards on the dot (which was weird). He ended up running for 414 yards, and their QB threw for 350. I ended up losing 56-35, most of those points for me coming in garbage time after getting beat on for 3 quarters.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

OVR: 3

I've had games lock up at the end and I have gotten ridiculous bugs at the end that won't let me finish the game. But each of those times I was winning.

So what about losing? It's worst when it's my own fault. Like fumbling or throwing an INT when I'm trying to run out the clock. Probably the worst was when I blew an 18 point 4th quarter lead from fumbling on a run, fumbling on a KO return, and then getting intercepted on 3rd and long.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

ClearTheBong's Arena

I just beat an opponent in a league game with a 31 yard QB scramble run on 3rd down in OT. Was just trying to get away from the pressure at first but then I saw daylight.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

This has happened to a couple of guys in my OD, but this particular situation was the worst. My commish is undefeated MSU, playing the B1G CCG against another user. They have an awesome game and the commish won 41-35 which got him his first shot @ a national championship in his 3 years over @ TSO. When we advanced, the OD got bugged and his win was erased and replaced with a sim in which his team lost.

Bye bye NC shot.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
Rookie

gbpackers94's Arena

OVR: 0

I hate two ways:
1) The CPU driving all the way down the field in under a minute with timeouts.
2) Getting blown because of multiple 50+ yard runs by the CPU RB with 20 broken tackles
Old 08-12-2011, 10:22 PM   #7
Old Guy

SalemChief's Arena

LSU at 'Bama. Down 20-16 with 1:45 left. Heart is pounding. I complete seven--that's seven passes in a row, march 68 yards to the 'Bama 6 yard line. LB whaps down a pass. LB whaps down another pass. Third and goal from the six. Stick pass, caught the LB shifting away from the slant in man coverage, bullet to the WR, who has a step and the inside on the CB, and.........

CB morphs through the entire left side of the WR's body to intercept my pass. Game over.

Watched it five times on instant replay, after I picked up the controller that I tossed.

I shouldn't toss controllers. It's bad for them. But ooooh, sometimes...this @$%= game. Oooh, sometimes.

Worst loss for me. Dumped from #1 to #8, out of SEC championship.

But I took my frustrations out on TCU in the Capital One Bowl. 45-17. Ha.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Maybe not my worst ever, but the worst I can think of right now...

I was playing a game against Michigan in NCAA 10, and I think I was down by 4. My starting QB was injured, so I had my redshirt freshman backup starting. Anyways, there was like 20 seconds left in the game. I hit my slot receiver (also a freshman) right in stride in the endzone. It bounced right off his hands, and a michigan defender picked if off to put an end to my chances . I was pissed. I HATE losing to Michigan. That QB and receiver both developed into studs though, and they didn't lose to michigan ever again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »