Home

Stolen Heisman!?...

This is a discussion on Stolen Heisman!?... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 PM   #1
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7
Stolen Heisman!?...

So I was playing through a season in my dynasty and my running back was doing amazing. He was number one on the Heisman watch EVERY WEEK. He led every other running back in rushing yards, TDs, yards per rush, etc. The tream was doing great as well. We were second in the BIG10 conference with a record of 10-1... Now here is where it gets sketchy... We ended the regular season second in the BIG10 however we did not get invited to the conference championship. Since we did not play in the Championship, my running back did not play at all thus dropping him from the number one spot in the Heisman watch (which I had been at since the first game of the season) to COMPLETELY OUT OF THE TOP 5!... WTF!? I don't get how that happens when I was dominate every game of the season and never dropped below first. Anyone care to explain?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Stolen Heisman!?...

Ive noticed some seasons you need to save your game before you advance past the Conf. Championship week. I do this because probably about 80% of the time the game doesnt pick the right guy to win the heisman. Its usually the guy thats in 2nd or 3rd place, even though the guy in first would have outstanding numbers and clearly better than the rest of the guys on the list. But Ill save it and then advance to the next week and if its not the guy that is the clear winner then Ill try it again. It ususally only takes one try because the game picks the guy he is suppose to win it the second time probably 95% of the time.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Seems to me the game cheats towards upper classmen, I've had guys lose to CPU players with inferior stats, but it's been my frosh or soph losing to a junior or senior.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Seems to penalize you for not winning your conference. In my RTG career, I was #1 twice, lost the PAC-12 title game, and it dropped me to 2nd below someone who had far inferior numbers.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Like I said earlier, it seems as though it gets the Heisman winner wrong the first time. But if you saved it before the Heisman announcement and try it again and maybe even try it again after that if it doesnt work the second then itll get the Heisman winner right. I usually have to do it 2 or 3 times to get the right winner for the Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelguy4736
Like I said earlier, it seems as though it gets the Heisman winner wrong the first time. But if you saved it before the Heisman announcement and try it again and maybe even try it again after that if it doesnt work the second then itll get the Heisman winner right. I usually have to do it 2 or 3 times to get the right winner for the Heisman.
That would work fine, but like I said, it dropped me completely out of the top 5... I wasn't even on the list anymore after missing the Conference Championship (Which I still have no clue why I wasn't in that game.)

My theory is because I won the Heisman with the same HB the year before, it doesn't want me to win that illusive second one hehe. It's cool though because I have one more season to right the wrong and win my second Heisman. I can't believe I got my HB to stick around until his senior year. He's now a 99!
Old 08-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #7
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

I don't think the damn game allows freshmen or even sophomores to win the Heisman. I ran for 3,000 yards in RtG and I lost the Heisman to a guy who ran for 1,200 yards. I was #1 on the Heisman list for the entire year.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #8
Rookie

johhnywave's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
I don't think the damn game allows freshmen or even sophomores to win the Heisman. I ran for 3,000 yards in RtG and I lost the Heisman to a guy who ran for 1,200 yards. I was #1 on the Heisman list for the entire year.
I had a RS soph win it before.

But true frosh or soph, never seen it happen. Not in 12, nor in the previous games. I've had some bad *** seasons with lower class players, too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »