Home

when does EA's license with ncaa football run out....

This is a discussion on when does EA's license with ncaa football run out.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 11:53 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: when does EA's license with ncaa football run out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntellectualAssassin
Now you're just arguing semantics. A football game that is mostly broken and a football game that is completely broken are one in the same to me.
Uh no it's not semantics at all. A broken game is one you can't play and NCAA is most certainly a game you can play, albeit with bugs.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
There were always pro and college football games by multiple companies before the exclusive license, and there certainly would be after it expires. If that weren't the case, EA wouldn't bother keeping their exclusive license.
The last several years before EA got the NCAA exclusive license there were no other companies making NCAA football games. And prior to that, the only competitors was 2K and it was a terrible game and sold terribly..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 08-14-2011, 12:02 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdog923
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't know. I haven't been able to get into a game in 2 weeks, on account of it freezing during every loading screen.
There are workarounds to most freezing issues here in the forum, especially ones at specific loading screens. As far as I know no one has had a game unplayable due to freezing at every loading screen. If the work arounds don't work I'd suggest it's a bad disk and you should exchange it for a new one.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 12:18 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

well i hope who ever makes backbreaker doesnt get it, watch this for an example http://youtu.be/G1-LhLoEddI
Old 08-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #37
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
well i hope who ever makes backbreaker doesnt get it, watch this for an example http://youtu.be/G1-LhLoEddI
Yeah I saw that video earlier and couldn't help but laugh.
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 08-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Lol yeah but they get a pass cuz "they're tryin" which translates to "they're not EA"

Old 08-14-2011, 12:49 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6

EA will decide when the contract expires, which is no time soon.
..."And there's a frequent bug that turns the receivers' route markers into dancing squiggly lines. None of these problems destroy the fun of running a perfect option play, but they do take you out of what should be an immersive experience."....
Old 08-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #40
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Can't we just agree that we don't want exclusive licenses? It monopolises the market and leads to a more expensive and worse game. If ea made a better game than 2k, i would buy it. If 2k made a better game than ea, i would buy it. If both games were lousy, i wouldn't buy either. And if they were both superb i would buy both. I feel ea have done a pretty good job with NCAA, but i still see so many issues coming up year after year.

What i believe would be best for for everyone is to have a 2 year cycle, with ea making their game one year and 2k making theirs the next. If you don't want to buy either of 2k or ea's next games, then you can buy a $20 roster update for the title that you like. This system would allow for greater innovation within the game and would stop alot of this 2k vs ea bs. What do you guys think?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »