Home

Let's change the tone...

This is a discussion on Let's change the tone... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #17
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Let's change the tone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
If you like the game buy it and play it..If you hate the game dont buy it....I take this game for what it is a game and have fun...I see the biggest problem on here is people have tried to turn this game and madden into reallife big mistake..Why? Well name me 1 game that plays like real life.......none....stop tring to live yourlife thru a game it is just that.....
LOL at WE tried to change the game into real life.

EA promotes it and says they try to design it around being as true to life as possible!

EA's marketing and promotional campaign revolves around it being "real life". They failed....we are calling them on it.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree abou the Super LB's and phychic DB's. Things like this has made more throw my controller more times than anytime when playing ncaa 2011 combined. At least in ncaa 11 the LB's would bat it down realisticly but in ncaa 12 forget about throwing over the middle, it's a guarantee swat even if they aren't looking. Same goes with the DB's that get that spidey sense as to where the football is.

Another thing that has bothered me. Why does it take the QB such a long windup to throw. Countless times I want my QB to throw it take 5 seconds to get the ball off.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #19
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSoxPujols
LOL. Hard to program? The PS2 version of the game had dreads and long hair. Quit making excuses. It was programmable on the PS2 but only after 4 years did they crack the code on the PS3 and even then they were only able to get them to grow out of the players upper back?

Give me a break. The half assed the feature to placate part of the fan base. Frankly, if you aren't going to do dreads right. Don't do them.

I read an article once saying how dreads require each strand (or a group of 2-3 strands) to be individually programmed to make them look decent. It would look dumb if all the locks always moved together the same way.

Yes.

Play FIFA

Isn't soccer usually played on grass, instead of Astro Turf?

I know the major bowls are editable. The problem is that unless all the bowl tie ins are customizable it reduces the viability of the option. For example, I want to recreate older conference alignments. I really can't and have the bowl season come out anywhere close to "realistic" or logical because if I swap teams around into different conferences to simulate the SWC existing, the Big East/MWC possible not existing(by filling it with low level teams), etc etc You'll have top tier teams being tied into playing in the Beef O Brady's Bowl and the garbage team used to fill some higher level conferences that didn't exist being tied into playing in mid to upper tier bowls that realistically the SWC etc should be playing in. I understand not being able to delete conferences for licensing reasons but half assing the bowl tie in feature so it renders the new conference bowl alignments as ridiculous is really sad.

Oh yeah..have you seen what it does to scheduling?

I guess I don't mess around with it enough to know the bowl tie ins....

And Custom COnferences is impossible to put in without screwing up scheduling.

Stop with the "tough to program" stuff. They are getting paid to program a game. Figure it out. They can make some bowls editable and others not? Give me a break.

I was referring to dynamic prestige.

Ridiculous. Play the game.

Have you ever actually gone into the replay screen and seen how high off the ground they are? Every LB in the game can jump like Julius Erving.

Yes. I have. I play this game a lot.

Read the bugs and glitches thread. One major and illogical one off the top of my head is that whenever an A+ OC/DC takes another job they stay an A+ as a head coach..which artificially raises the "base line" ratings over any team in the game that gets them. Coaches technically don't ever "progress" they simply max out then move around. That's not realistic. Simply because you are an A+ OC/DC doesn't mean you are an A+ HC. Look at how many A+-A coaches there are down the road. You're going to tell me with a straight face that nearly half the coaches in the NCAA are "A's"?

This I agree with, but I'm not bothered by a slight increase in player progression.

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

Again. Read the bugs and glitches thread.

You're either blind to it(intentionally or not) or don't even own the game.

Look at how many 98-99 rated players there are out of the box....then look at it 5-10 years down the line. Then come back and tell me it's not an issue.

5 Years into a WMU Dynasty I have 4 99 overall players, 2 OL for SDSU, a DE on Bama, and TCU's QB. I don't remember how many my Dynasty started with, probably about that many

They put out an average product with the potential of being good. As usual.
Real life super LBs:

Not all are actually LBs, some are DEs or SS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD57ZtHflXQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEvVO...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl-OXIfmh6k (My personal favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw51M-tDm08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz1r4-5D8uA
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
LOL at WE tried to change the game into real life.

EA promotes it and says they try to design it around being as true to life as possible!

EA's marketing and promotional campaign revolves around it being "real life". They failed....we are calling them on it.
who in there right mind would think a 60.00game on a 200.00system. would play like real life? You then blame yourself....its a game nothimg more nothing less....really you fell for that?
Old 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #21
MVP

BoSoxPujols's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I read an article once saying how dreads require each strand (or a group of 2-3 strands) to be individually programmed to make them look decent. It would look dumb if all the locks always moved together the same way.
So it took years for EA to "Crack this coding nightmare" yet they: 1. Can't figure out that dreads grow from a players head..not back..and 2. Most of the players with dreads in the NCAA don't have dreads that at all resemble what they put into the game? Awesome work there. EA not only screwed up dreads but wasted countless hours programming the wrong kind into the game!

Quote:

Isn't soccer usually played on grass, instead of Astro Turf?
1. No one uses Astro Turf anymore.

2. Have you ever actually walked on Field Turf? It has dimensionality just like grass.

3. What does soccer being played on grass have to do with NCAA not having 3D grass in game on ANY field(natural grass or not) like FIFA does?

I'm convinced you either know nothing about sports in general and/or are just trolling. You can't be serious with your above response.

Quote:
I guess I don't mess around with it enough to know the bowl tie ins....
I'm not surprised............

Quote:
And Custom COnferences is impossible to put in without screwing up scheduling.
LOL. WHAT?! It;s clear you have no idea what I'm talking about. Search around here for it. There's photos of Auburn playing 11 conference games a season and the 2nd place SEC team only playing 9. It's not that scheduling is "different"...which it should be..it's that it's completely broken with custom conferences.

Quote:
I was referring to dynamic prestige.
So what? Don't implement a feature(custom conferences) if you can't program it correctly.
Quote:

Yes. I have. I play this game a lot.
Your posts prove otherwise.

Quote:

This I agree with, but I'm not bothered by a slight increase in player progression.
It's not slight.

Quote:

5 Years into a WMU Dynasty I have 4 99 overall players, 2 OL for SDSU, a DE on Bama, and TCU's QB. I don't remember how many my Dynasty started with, probably about that many
Again. Do a search. This problem is well documented. You're either lying or haven't gotten deep enough into dynasty yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

It's hard to be positive about a game that has such an incredible amount of problems.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #23
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
So it took years for EA to "Crack this coding nightmare" yet they: 1. Can't figure out that dreads grow from a players head..not back..and 2. Most of the players with dreads in the NCAA don't have dreads that at all resemble what they put into the game? Awesome work there. EA not only screwed up dreads but wasted countless hours programming the wrong kind into the game!

OK, I guess I never cared about dreads enough to know what looks good and what doesn't.

1. No one uses Astro Turf anymore.

2. Have you ever actually walked on Field Turf? It has dimensionality just like grass.

3. What does soccer being played on grass have to do with NCAA not having 3D grass in game on ANY field(natural grass or not) like FIFA does?

I'm convinced you either know nothing about sports in general and/or are just trolling. You can't be serious with your above response.

My school has a field turf field. I am in my school's (Liberty High School) band and we spend about 5 hours a day on the Field Turf. What I was trying to say (I just worded it poorly/didn't make clear at all) was EA should not give 3D grass to field turf teams.

I'm not surprised............

LOL. WHAT?! It;s clear you have no idea what I'm talking about. Search around here for it. There's photos of Auburn playing 11 conference games a season and the 2nd place SEC team only playing 9. It's not that scheduling is "different"...which it should be..it's that it's completely broken with custom conferences.

Oh problems like that... That's bad. I thought you meant that some school's schedules didn't match up with their RL schedules.

So what? Don't implement a feature(custom conferences) if you can't program it correctly.

Your posts prove otherwise.

I think they did implement it correctly for the most part.

It's not slight.

Again. Do a search. This problem is well documented. You're either lying or haven't gotten deep enough into dynasty yet.

I'm in Year 5. I can take pictures (Though with the editor I don't use those are just about worthless).
10 Characters
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Why should the tone change when so many things in the game are broken/glitchy/unusable?

As usual EA put in things but did it half way.

Dreads? Yep, they are in....but grow out of the players back and there is only one kind....the kind that barely any players actually wear..

3D grass? Yep....but only in replays.

Custom conferences? Yep. But there is no dynamic conference prestige and you can't edit all the bowl tie in's.....which kind of kills it all.

Tougher? Sure. Pyshic DB's and Superman LB's and sliders that don't work on Heisman to correct it. Plus the psychic CPU defensive play calling on Heisman.

Coaching Carousel? Yep. But tons of bugs and issues.

"Revamped recruiting"...Yep...but progression is still broke.

We will "change our tone" when EA actually puts out a good product and quits half assing features.
a..freakin'..men man. There's a growing trend where someone calls you spoiled for pointing out legit issues and wanting them to be fixed. It boggles the mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »