Home

Let's change the tone...

This is a discussion on Let's change the tone... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #49
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Let's change the tone...

Hey heres a great idea. If you don't like the game don't play it. Grab NCAA 11 or 10 or 04 or even Bill Walsh College Football. All this complaining isn't doing anything for you and its not making EA fix the game any faster.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:41 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
Do you even know what this word means?

You are in every one of these threads with pithy little comments that add nothing to the discussion.

So some people have legit reasons for disliking the game, some are trolls who hate on the game with nothing better to do.

Why was another of these threads necessary, if not to start an argument? does the OP think he gets some cred with EA for defending them? Do you?
I do and his post was quite ironic.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
LOL @ this game being a 9 out of 10.

If this game is a 9/10, then what is NCAA 04....what is NCAA 11? Those better be 12 out of 10 by comparison to this game.

Is anyone here a psychologist? I'd love to know if there's some theory about people justifying/overlooking nearly everything about something that is flawed just b/c they spent money on it.

I get the feeling that next year if there's a glitch that disallows you from playing in your favorite teams home stadium, some ppl will say something like, "Well, it's really not that big-a-deal....I can go play in another teams stadium that looks similar. Not a gamebreaker...no game is perfect"

So if people are enjoying the game, its only because they are justifying their purchase?

The last paragraph is relevant how?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #52
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

To the OP: My personal tone will change when the game doesn't take graphcial steps backwards or when the game doesn't look graphically inferior on one console vs. the other or when the game finally delivers the quality of gameplay and features that we enjoyed on the last-gen.

Until then, I don't bash the game, I just basically let my dollar do the voting by

a.) only buying it used
b.) returning it if it's not up to the standard i'm looking for (fun, quality).

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:10 AM   #53
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
To the OP: My personal tone will change when the game doesn't take graphcial steps backwards or when the game doesn't look graphically inferior on one console vs. the other or when the game finally delivers the quality of gameplay and features that we enjoyed on the last-gen.

Until then, I don't bash the game, I just basically let my dollar do the voting by

a.) only buying it used
b.) returning it if it's not up to the standard i'm looking for (fun, quality).
Nothing wrong with that.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 AM   #54

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
Hey heres a great idea. If you don't like the game don't play it. Grab NCAA 11 or 10 or 04 or even Bill Walsh College Football. All this complaining isn't doing anything for you and its not making EA fix the game any faster.
I agree, I mean it's not like EA patches the games or anything, why would they do something silly like that. And even if they did, why would they listen to a consumer about it? I mean seriously, what kind of company listens to a consumer. It's not like they buy the product or anything.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:49 AM   #55

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

And most people post complaint threads to see if its them or the game imo, back in my day I did this a lot, just because I wanted to see if I needed to simply get better at the game, or if it was in fact a widespread problem. Sorry for wanting to discuss things on a discussion board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 07:31 AM   #56
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
LOL @ this game being a 9 out of 10.

If this game is a 9/10, then what is NCAA 04....what is NCAA 11? Those better be 12 out of 10 by comparison to this game.

Is anyone here a psychologist? I'd love to know if there's some theory about people justifying/overlooking nearly everything about something that is flawed just b/c they spent money on it.

I get the feeling that next year if there's a glitch that disallows you from playing in your favorite teams home stadium, some ppl will say something like, "Well, it's really not that big-a-deal....I can go play in another teams stadium that looks similar. Not a gamebreaker...no game is perfect"
So if NCAA 04 was released today, it would score a 12 out of 10? Seeing as it scored an 8.3 on Gamespot in 2004, I doubt it would get a 12... Or anything above a 4...

Also, to your last paragraph, if there was a glitch like that, set your favorite team to Akron.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »