Home

How much did Bama pay that recruit?

This is a discussion on How much did Bama pay that recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How much did Bama pay that recruit?

I lost a custom recruit I made at start of Dynasty that was a MLB I named after myself. :P

I put 60 min into him every week all year had over a 1000 point bonus on him and same thing Alabama got him in the very last week after I had a soft committ from him.

I was so pissed that when the next season started I went into the editor and made the dude like a 60 overall and changed his name. Funny thing is Alabama started him at MLB all season as a 60 overall!!!!! Then the next year they cut him

Poetic Justice I say.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #10
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBaBaBooeyx
I just had a 5* recruit who I had a 700 point advantage over Alabama, sign with Alabama. I was number 1 on his list all season with a steadily increasing lead on Bama.... Then a 700 pt lead evaporates in 1 week. Huh? Ever had that happen?
maybe Alabama hired Lane Kiffin
Old 08-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #11
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Did you/Bama Scholly him? And did you get any transfers who could of taken away your schollies?
He committed to Bama in week 10 of the season, so no transfers. I offered him a scholarship in week 3. I might just be ticked about this one recruit, but it seems like recruiting is harder this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzie
Hahaha, all joking aside, maybe they had a x2 recruiting call + a visit?
This is likely what happened, I think a visit adds points based on the letter grade and Bama has great recruiting pitches so if they had a x2 week (which I've topped 1,000 pts with before) PLUS a visit which could add a few hundred points if not more given Bama's prestige, this could easily result in a 1200-1400 point swing. The best thing you could do is offer scholly's and make promises early in the season (week 1 or 2) and get them in for a visit ASAP and hope they commit to your school before Saban starts laying down the charm

XBL - ProgektMayhem
PSN - ProgektMayhem

Yell at me on twitter @ProgektMayhem

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »