Home

i wonder if any EA guys have been to a monster rival game

This is a discussion on i wonder if any EA guys have been to a monster rival game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #1
V*lSt*r

baccVols's Arena

OVR: 7
i wonder if any EA guys have been to a monster rival game

here's the #1 concern with crowd noise... and maybe im just spoiled cause i live in knoxville, but im illinois at home against #8 ohio st. which according to the game is a rivalry but either way they are ranked #8.

so i force a fumble coming out of halftime and run it in for a 22-6 lead. now the crowd goes nuts. but i know for a fact if im in neyland stadium and the vols do this against a top ranked florida or alabama. the crowd is gonna be nuts for their entire next possession. beyond deafening. but on my game the crowd is completely dead silent after the kickoff..... aggghh and it seems like that would be so easy to put in the game........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: i wonder if any EA guys have been to a monster rival game

I don't understand this either. Seems simple enough to implement. And the thing that gets me is they promoted new and improved crowd noise, with Herbstreit bragging about it in one of the preview videos. And yet this might be the most ridiculously silent crowd I've ever heard in a next-gen sports game. Sure, they get fired up on occasions. But there are long stretches where you can hear a pin drop. That shouldn't even happen in a Florida International-Western Kentucky game, let alone Alabama-Florida.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: i wonder if any EA guys have been to a monster rival game

EA has struggled with the details in this series. They seem to focus on selling the public on kind of useless features and bells and whisltes. The best example of this is adding something like extra cut scenes that people watch a few times then skip. Not a great use of our time. How about dynamic player intros that are organic and always unique?

Details and important little things seem to suffer at the hands of the EA college team, and it really shows. A list I compiled:
1- Unintelligent crowds
2- Bad time management by the CPU
3- Stale team intros that aren't dynamic so you watch them once or twice
4- No Heisman ceremony, even though this was in previous editions
5- No medical redshirting
6- Comically bad safety zone help resulting in all streaks being cheese
7- When you kick a game winning field goal there's no joy or celebration, they just march off the field as if its business as usual.
8- Really bad blocking AI

I could go on but frankly I dont have the time. It's just sad to see them squander away a great game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »