Home

Players you've recruited that you will NEVER forget

This is a discussion on Players you've recruited that you will NEVER forget within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #25
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Players you've recruited that you will NEVER forget

Using Boston College in NCAA 12.

Went after a 5* WR in the first week of off-season recruiting going into season 3.

He had a decent Freshman season as the #4 WR.
Then he came out in his Sophomore season and dominated.

Crisp routes, ended up grabbing 62 Receptions for 1232 yards and 17 TDs. For being a Possession WR he has been amazing for our team.

I ended up getting an offer to go to Florida State as we went into his Junior season.

Wishing him the best, but can't wait to face my old team!

Led BC to #2 Ranking after the bowl season last year....

FSU hired me after going 3-9...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

NCAA 11 with Florida I brought in a 5* ATH. Tyrone McGill came in at 87 DE, 83 DT, 85 OLB, 84 MLB, 77 CB, 75 SS, 73 FS respectively. I've never seen a player who was able to play pretty much every where on defense. I put him at OLB because I needed one and he could start.

Freshman Year-149 Total Tackles, 35 TFL, 19.0 sacks, 3 INT's, 8 FF's, 3 safety's, 1 TD. (2nd in Heisman)

Sophomore Year-113 Total Tackles, 34 TFL, 20.0 sacks, 2 INT's, 2 FF's (4th in Heisman)

Junior Year-125 Total Tackles, 28 TFL, 17.0 sacks, 3 INT's, 5 FF's, 1 TD (4th in Heisman)

He left after 3 years, and a lot of hardware later.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:51 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Why is everyone so picky. I think everyone got the point. I took it as 2 plays, no passing yards and 2 season ending injuries.
Sorry guys, forgot to mention that it was NCAA 09 for the PS2 and medical redshirts are allowed on there. Never really played the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions so I'm not really sure on those. And yeah, not 100% sure on the stats but all I know is that he had 2 plays, got sacked twice, and season ending injury on both plays
Old 08-15-2011, 11:47 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

created 5 star prospect. Kyle Williams 6'5 220 pounds. This kid was a monster from the getgo. I recruited him and got him to commit. I didn't even redshirt this kid with his 91OVR. This kid caught 70+ receptions with over 1000yrds and 10+tds each of his 3 seasons. I mean this kid was a beast!!!....he caught the ball over anyones head whether it was single or double coverage. I loved him... too bad he thought he was too good enough to come back for his senior yr =[.
PS. Can't wait to go after this kid in My MADDEN chise with the Falcons.
Roddy White, Julio Jones, & Kyle Williams? God Bless Matt Ryan's career. lol
Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 7

Way back on NCAA 04 , I decide to create the Minnesota State Screeming Eagles from the tv show Coach and do a dynasty with them. Five years in, I build them into national championship contender but I need championship quarterback. So I score a big time recruit named Tiger Donovan. Six foot six 250 pounds, 4.4 speed, country strong, A plus arm and A plus accuracy. Back then I said he was Michael Vick in Donte Culpepper's body. Now he would be Cam Newton.

Four year starter.
Freshman All American
Two time All American in his junior and senior year.
Two time Heisman winner in his junior and senior years.
Rose Bowl and National Champion in his senior year.

The coolest thing about those two Heisman, his sophmore year he missed 8 weeks with an injury. So him winning the Heisman his junior year was a complete surprise. I fully expected him to leave for the NFL after that year he was that dominate. But yet he returned for his senior year, had another dominate year, won another Heismith, and a national championship. Still trying to find the next Tiger Donovan.

Last edited by BJNT; 08-16-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:04 AM   #30
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Even though I forget his name, I'll never forget his progression.

Way back in NCAA '04 or '05 on PS2, I was trying to rebuild Kansas. I had a DT who was a 68 OVR his JR year. SR year he gains 21 points! to go to an 89 OVR.

I've still never seen progression like that before. He instantly became the best player on my team, and it was fun to play with a "breakout" player like that.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:30 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

Had my fair share of created players that had a shine brighter than everyone else, but was just finishing what I'd planned would be my last '11 season (play offline only, so can you blame me about not wanting to get '12 until I can figure out how to get rigged up for online so I can get 'eventual' patch?) with two CPU-generated HBs -- whom I wanted to see through to their final seasons -- that finished 1-2 in Heisman voting their sr year (all played on A-A w/, if I recall, SECelite's sliders, tweaked to improve CPU's rushing and defense).

The winner, Kendall Brewer, was my 2nd-stringer who came in as an OVR 81 and 3rd-ranked HB in his recruiting class. Runner-up, Mike Tucker, was my starter who came in prior year's recruiting class as a 78 QB (RS first season as I'd recruited him for HB).

Never redshirted Brewer as he came in with mid-90s speed and accel, so I just put him back on KR and PR.
Un.Be. LIEVABLE. Don't know how he didn't win RET of year his FR season, but he won it his final 3, even after pulling him from KR duties starting with his JR season. He was so valuable as PR and 2nd HB running Auburn's jet sweep package that I never moved him up to #1.

Also b/c of the QB-turned HB that leaped +6 his SO to JR season after +4 gains following RS and FR seasons. He was always funny b/c he never, ever looked like he was moving fast. And, though it may have been his user, his spin/juke moves seemed to only enact half the time. He was the king of the 40-yd run, getting caught by a fast SEC LB and FS seemingly always around the 5-yd line. Brewer was a 5-8 jitterbug that responded instantly to stick moves, while the larger Tucker just kind of got the job done. Always felt smooth though not explosive when controlling him, and when he did finish off the long run, I always felt surprised.

Career ##s following their just-completed senior years:
Brewer
8,392 all-purpose yards for 72 TDs
338 PRs for 4,837 yds and 18 TDs
218 rushes for 2,362 yds and 49 TDs (Sr yr: 144 for 1,477, 34 TDs)
35 KRs for 1,064yds and 2 TDs
3 receiving TDs
Heisman/Walter Camp/Doak Walker winner (SR) and 3x RET of year winner (ironically, when he won the Heisman and 3rd RET award, he wasn't voted 1st/2nd A-A RET, nor 1st/2nd SEC RET of year. go figure)

Tucker
503 carries, 4,363 yds, 69 TDs (SR: 2,558 yds, 32 TDs)
24 recpt, 311 yds, 1 TD
Heisman runner-up (SR), Maxwell winner (SR)

[Umm, and I know someone's going to add it all up and, yes, I have a tendency to run the score up since I don't have to worry about sportsmanship points playing offline, however -- and if you've read any of the threads bitching about too many injuries, you've read something from me -- I was so worried about INJ for both that in those type of games, both HBs were already pulled getting 3rd and 4th HBs time with 3rd QB)

Last edited by GGGswim; 08-16-2011 at 12:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 02:32 AM   #32
Rookie

CurryStorm's Arena

OVR: 4

There's two that I remember the most. I have only played my favorite team, South Carolina, once in a dynasty in all the NCAA games that I've owned. I always prefer to build up a small school, and by the time I win the NC with them in the 6 or 7 year with them, I'm usually about finished with the game.

Anyway, in NCAA 06 or 07, I finally took over the Gamecocks (since they had become awful) after leading ULL to a NC. I recruited a 5* HB named Zip Chandler (amazing how I still remember that name). He played 3 years, winning the Heisman in his junior year before going pro. Zip was not blazing fast or super strong, but he was just an all-around great back that would finish with around 1,300 yards rushing and 600+ yards receiving each year. He could catch the ball extremely well for a HB. I just remember him so much because he seemed like a real player. He didn't get all his yards because of "video game" speed or breaking 50 tackles; he just took the yards that were gave to him. Zip just felt like a "real" player, not some video game player that raked up yards due to a glitch in the game or AI issues. It really felt like I won a real Heisman with him.

The other was in NCAA 08 or 09- I created the Vermont Catamounts and built them up. In my first year, I just needed some sort of backup QB so I signed a 2* QB named Jack Johnson. He ended up having to play his freshman year due to an injury to the starter. Jack won us like 8 games in only Vermont's 2nd year. I would recruit two 4* QBs (one in Jack's sophomore year and the other in his junior year), but I would never let them start over him, because he just continued to win. Jack was just another player, like Zip Chandler, that didn't have these amazing ratings but just led his team to victory more so than not. He ended up winning the NC with Vermont in his senior year. He never won any QB awards or anything like that, but the guy was just a winner.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »