Home

The play is challenged and reversed, did the play ever happen? (stats)

This is a discussion on The play is challenged and reversed, did the play ever happen? (stats) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
The play is challenged and reversed, did the play ever happen? (stats)

When the CPU challenges certain plays like a catch and it is determined that there was no catch, then the stats for that play should be erased.

But when it challenges a fumble after a sack and is determined there was no fumble, why is my sack stat completely erased? If it were a forward pass, why isnt the cpu qb credited with a pass attempt? The fumble should be erased, but in the game the entire play is erased from existence and the ball is spot where the sack occurred. What?

Another example is where my receiver catches a ball on the side line, runs up the sideline and is tackled soon there after. The cpu challenges that I stepped out of bounds earlier in the run so my 50 yrd catch and run becomes a 30 yard catch a run. So the play is reversed, the ball is spotted 30 yards down field correctly, but my receiver is not credited with those 30 yards.

It seems when a play is reversed by challenge, that play's stats and replay (from the highlights list) are completely removed from the game.

Is that suppose to happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The play is challenged and reversed, did the play ever happen? (stats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
When the CPU challenges certain plays like a catch and it is determined that there was no catch, then the stats for that play should be erased.

But when it challenges a fumble after a sack and is determined there was no fumble, why is my sack stat completely erased? If it were a forward pass, why isnt the cpu qb credited with a pass attempt? The fumble should be erased, but in the game the entire play is erased from existence and the ball is spot where the sack occurred. What?

Another example is where my receiver catches a ball on the side line, runs up the sideline and is tackled soon there after. The cpu challenges that I stepped out of bounds earlier in the run so my 50 yrd catch and run becomes a 30 yard catch a run. So the play is reversed, the ball is spotted 30 yards down field correctly, but my receiver is not credited with those 30 yards.

It seems when a play is reversed by challenge, that play's stats and replay (from the highlights list) are completely removed from the game.

Is that suppose to happen?
actually I've never paid attention to the stat tracking other than I noticed once that an incomplet(out of bounds in the endzone) that I challenged adn had it overturned into a TD, it showed up as an 18yd td RUN by my QB rather than a TD catch by my WR.

the stats SHOULD reflect what was determined via the final result, as you listed. if a sack& fumble is overturned, it should remain a sack with lost yardage. a 30yd catch & 20yd RaC that is overturned saying he stepped out of bounds AFTER catching the pass, should still result in a CATCH and 30yds receiving.

the stat tracking has always been iffy, also noticed that they have problems with option pitches that are intercepted. had an online dynasty mate intercept an option pitch by Aggy QB at their 4yd and he scored but the stat was listed as a 96yd TD run by the Aggy QB rather than a 4yd Defensive TD.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: The play is challenged and reversed, did the play ever happen? (stats)

I haven't noticed in recent games, but I remember this being a problem in the ps2 days as well.

There have also been similar problems when penalties are called, and I'm pretty sure some of those were present as late as last year's game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »