Home

An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

This is a discussion on An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

The OS Legends League is basically dead now. Not trying to rant, but basically, wanted to express just how depressed we all are as we are College Football Junkies who got through THIRTEEN SEASONS OF 11.

We're dead after less than 2 now for all intents and purposes. Why you ask?

1. kodiak had at least 12 game freezes with Florida State and quit out of pure frustration. Can't blame him.

2. JUnit40 played multiple games that would freeze in the final 2 min of the game. When we simmed them....he lost. Each game he was winning. So he quit... Can't blame him.

3. elprez had games both freeze on him AND would finish games that would give him a transfer failed error...then show up as being a completed game...THEN get simmed into a loss as we advanced through some glitch. He also lost his QB for half the season in the sim to boot. This just happened to him for the second week in a row so instead of 7-0, he's now 5-2 with no QB. So he just quit. Can't blame him.

4. Ruff Ryder's Virginia Tech Hokies showed up as being a "Bye" on the schedule. So he recruited and went about his business. We advanced. NOW...it says he just lost to Boston College 31-7. The game didn't even exist last week and to top it off...I looked in the ACC scores and Va Tech/BC doesn't exist in Week 9. So how the hell did he get a loss? He's also had freezes and transfer fails. So now he's gone.

5. bluengold had multiple games freeze, in which he was winning..and then would lose when we had to sim them. He quit. Again... Can't blame him.

That's almost half of my league who are gone. EVERY SINGLE ONE because of a horrendous glitch or bug.

We've had others, like myself, get freezes and transfer failed as well. Cyros had one of his games get simmed as well, luckily he won that one.

Guys....this is horrible. It's frustrating. It's infuriating.

I wanted to do a detailed post because I wanted to show just how wide the glitches are and how much of a gamekiller they have become.

I can honestly say I will not be buying NCAA 13..or 14..or 15 on release day because of just how awful it's been this year. The level of bugs and glitches is so severe that I believe folks would be foolish to do so. Never thought I'd say that but damn...look at that list of events and you tell me how I can't?

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 08-16-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: An example of what Online Dynasties are dealing with right now...

I just cannot believe this game shipped with such glaring issues.

And to think EA hyped up the fact, I mean....the thought that they had no more bugs (major bugs maybe?) on The Making of NCAA Football 12 is comedy.

I hype the game just as much as anyone around here, but these issues pretty much suck the enjoyment out of the game for me.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

I was going to "like this" but I realized that would make no sense. Ive never been so disappointed in a game. My OD has since disbanded as well.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

is this just an OD issue? Cuz i am in my 4th year in my offline dynasty(Played every game) and it has not frozen once. Knock on wood
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffJuff
is this just an OD issue? Cuz i am in my 4th year in my offline dynasty(Played every game) and it has not frozen once. Knock on wood
I'm about to start my third and final one after two previous freezes. First season wouldn't advance past week 15 and the second season froze after beating Clemson with Auburn.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
I think so.

But it's a gamekiller because Online Dynasty is the ONLY game mode that many NCAAers play. That's the single most fun aspect of NCAA for many of us and it's so horribly disfigured right now that its basically unplayable.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
the freezing is not just an OD issue. I'm in that OD as well and only had 1 freeze in those 2 seasons. I had 1 other freeze in NCAA 12, and that was in a play now game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm in the same boat. I tried playing VT so many times in my OD and it froze every single time. I ended up just leaving the OD to avoid future frustrations.

Add that in with all the other issues with the game and the terrible implementation of the Coach Carousel(which I predicted) and this game is just a giant, ugly mess. This game has so much potential, but potential only matters when you reach it.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »