Home

Is this game now doomed?

This is a discussion on Is this game now doomed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Is this game now doomed?

I know quite a few guys who are trading it in for Madden. Sales are good this year, but of those I know, I can see them skipping the purchase next year. There is some disappointment with the title and I do think if the patch comes out after Madden there will be a lot of guys trading it in.

Also, to say NCAA has no competition is wrong - Madden is the competition. Sure, EA owns both, but there are plenty of gamers out there who are one or the other. If both titles are great, they'd no doubt sell both to football fans. When the product is not, people pick their spots. Sales are up this year, but the measure of how good an annual title is happens the following year. NCAA 11 was a great game IMO, so my $$$ for 12 was a given.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

CC and Create a playbook haven't been in current generation. They were in the last generation, I think it's time to stop calling the xbox and ps2 current generation, when xbox isn't getting any games and the PS2 is really only getting sports games and Japanese RPG's.

And for not caring, it was a huge update for a majority of the community, EA will send you a personalized letter to you appologizing that they didn't cater to you instead of the majority.

EA is really doomed, they got millions upon millions in the bank, best we can hope for is them learning their lesson. EA is getting a lot of flak for practices from Microsoft and Sony. If the patch has been submitted already it's the dumb as hell two week rule from MS and Sony that's stringing it along, but than again it's easier to hate on EA than it is to find sound reasoning.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm still loving NCAA 12 and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Hopefully the patch doesn't ruin the game, though, or else I'll stoop down to the lowly Madden level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

The games only been out for a month. Quit complaining and trade it in for Madden if you don't like it.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:02 PM   #13
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm willing to see how patch #2 goes. I personally love what they are trying to achieve in this version of the game, except each element seems to have something in it that doesn't work quite right. If this patch fixes those bugs, this is easily the best NCAA ever in my opinion. And judging from their "bug fixes" list it will. I know this is going to be unpopular, but I literally treat the first month of this game as an open beta and cut them slack until all the patches are out. I know it should be 100% perfect from day 1 but the reality is it just isn't and probably won't ever be. But if I get a fixed game within a few weeks I can live with it.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Turnaround time is a real issue with patches. Once Madden is out, most people shelve NCAA, so who cares if it's patched post Madden release?

Developers and Microsoft/Sony need to find a way to accelerate patch releases.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #15
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
wow those are major and drastic changes Im sorry. That stuff is not new most of it was in current gen! who gives a crap about custom conferences and playbooks i mean really? I'm thinkin realism here and adding features that were introduced in current gen is not an excuse. Adding dreads, hell we had that on PS2 and Xbox! #SMH

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=31.294988,-92.506984
I give a crap!!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
The games only been out for a month. Quit complaining and trade it in for Madden if you don't like it.
I love the logic of people like you. Your answer to someone being unhappy with their product is to trade it in for a discount on a similar product (football video game) by the SAME COMPANY and give them even more money?

That sounds more logical to you than "complaining"? What happens if he doesn't end up liking Madden. You going to tell him to shut up and trade it in for NCAA 13?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »