Home

Move from PS2/10 to PS3/12? Or wait?

This is a discussion on Move from PS2/10 to PS3/12? Or wait? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Move from PS2/10 to PS3/12? Or wait?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
Don't run out and buy a ps3 today though lol, I am seeing rumors online of a price drop very soon. They are rumors though so no guarantee they will come true, but the rumors are all over the place lately about a ps3 price drop. The ps3 I have read dropped in price in Europe today, wait and see if the US follows.
It sure did go down in price - two days after I bought it.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

yep ps3 now 249.00
Old 08-16-2011, 10:24 PM   #11
Rookie

dawg_gone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
yep ps3 now 249.00
If only I had bought a lottery ticket.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #12
Rookie

I've just made the switch from PS2/08 (had an absolutely sick roster file that kept me going for the past 3+ years) to PS3/12 and am finding the PS3/12 version intriguing so far. Some cool features from the PS2 game aren't in 12 (recruiting is a bit stripped down in the PS3 world imo, there are no more player discipline concerns, no medical redshirts, and no more offseason drills to build up player attributes) but I do like the expanded player attributes and the game sure looks pretty. I can't say for sure if I prefer the PS3 version better, but there are definitely some game play improvements like defenders taking better angles and the return game seems better. Hope that helps.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Rookie

dawg_gone's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeterso
I've just made the switch from PS2/08 (had an absolutely sick roster file that kept me going for the past 3+ years) to PS3/12 and am finding the PS3/12 version intriguing so far. Some cool features from the PS2 game aren't in 12 (recruiting is a bit stripped down in the PS3 world imo, there are no more player discipline concerns, no medical redshirts, and no more offseason drills to build up player attributes) but I do like the expanded player attributes and the game sure looks pretty. I can't say for sure if I prefer the PS3 version better, but there are definitely some game play improvements like defenders taking better angles and the return game seems better. Hope that helps.
It does help, thanks. Discipline problems were always a challenge in my earlier days. I'll miss that extra little challenge. As much as I griped about its implementation, I liked that it made recruiting harder. It must really hurt not to have medical redshirts in the game... it took some of the sting out of losing a starter early in the season.

Now that you mention the looks of the game, I am sick to death of the same old PS2 animations. Lived with those for many years.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #14
Rookie

I forgot to mention, but a sweet feature in 12 is we now have the ability to edit all player attributes in dynasty mode any time you want. That's huge for Madden draft class building. On the flipside, there aren't FCS schools anymore; instead the game has generic schools like FCS West, FCS East, FCS Southeast etc instead of Richmond, Alabama State, Texas Southern, Grambling etc which is lame imo.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 PM   #15
Rookie

dawg_gone's Arena

You can still create a school, though.. right?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »