Home

Player Career Stories

This is a discussion on Player Career Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Player Career Stories

Has anyone ever made a player(ie yourself) and took their career from NCAA to retire in the NFL? Either RTG or just CAP. Here's mine,

NCAA 09 (PS2), I made myself 6'1, 188lb FS, OVR 80 on Notre Dame. I started as FS and was the main kickoff and punt return man. I simmed every single game.

Freshman year- I recorded about 30 tackles, 5 INT's (1 TD), and (1) kickoff TD. ND went 8-4 and won a bowl game. Awards: NCAA Freshman All American FS and 7th in the Thorpe Award.

Sophmore- Very uneventful year. 20+ tackles, 2 INT's. No awards. ND went 8-4 and lost a bowl game.

Junior year- 30+ tackles, 3 INT's. No awards. ND goes 10-2 and loses the Sugar Bowl. I was injured the final 4 games of the regular season.

Senior- 40+ tackles, 9 INT's (3 TD's), (2) punt TD's, (1) kickoff TD. NCAA 1st team All American, Won Thorpe Award, 2nd place Best Return Man. ND goes 12-0 and lost the NC.

I imported him to Madden and was projected to be a Top 10 pick. The draft order went something like this:

1. Cincinnati
2. Carolina
3. Detroit
4. San Diego
5. San Fransisco
6. Jacksonville
7. Buffalo
8. Oakland
9. Washington
10. New Orleans

Out of those 10 teams, Washington, New Orleans, Buffalo, Cincinnati and San Fransisco all desperately needed FS's. San Diego was the only other that could have used me.

I knew Cincinnati wasn't picking me because they needed a QB and got him. San Diego, Buffalo, and SF passed on me. Washington's depth at FS was horrible. They had a 67 OVR FS and figured they would scoop me up. They picked a different FS over me and I wasn't upset because New Orleans was up next and they're my home team and needed a FS, so it would all work out. Wrong, they picked a LB and there I was still on the board. Other teams passed because they already had depth at FS and then with the 17th pick, Cleveland was up. They also needed a FS and ended up trading with New Orleans and I was now happy my home team would come get me. Wrong again, they picked a different FS over me. I was picked 22nd by the Arizona Cardinals. Four different FS were picked over me by Washington, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Miami all picked FS's and Miami's was projected as a 2nd rounder.

I signed a 5 year deal, worth about 7 million or so. I wasn't too happy about that.

The first three years with Arizona, I never started and played sparingly. We never made the playoffs. After three years, Arizona releases me and Denver picks me up in FA. I signed a 3 year, 2 million deal. I started the first year and nabbed 3 INT's and became a backup the next two. Never made the playoffs with Denver. I don't re-sign and San Fransico picks me up with a 3 year deal. I never start there and we never make the playoffs. I don't re-sign and Atlanta picks me up with a 3 year deal. Never start and never make the playoffs. I must have been happy with Atlanta bc I resign a 3 year deal. Never start and never make the playoffs. Again, I re-sign with Atlanta but trade my(Giants) 2nd round pick for me and then release me into FA. Cleveland picks me up with a 2 year deal. I start the first game and get injured for the year and became a back up the next. Didn't make the playoffs and didn't re-sign. I thought I was about to retire but Seattle signed me to a 2 year deal. I started, nabbed 11 INT's, made the Pro-Bowl but never made the playoffs. I, then, retired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Player Career Stories

Haha, what an interesting career. At least you weren't a complete bust and you finished as a pro bowler, can't be too upset. Made a bit of a money as a career backup too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »