Home

talent on roster @ start of dynasty vs. talent recruited players

This is a discussion on talent on roster @ start of dynasty vs. talent recruited players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
talent on roster @ start of dynasty vs. talent recruited players

Hi,

I'm currently doing a dynasty with Illinois and during my first (and 2nd btw) season there were three 4* recruits interested in joining Illinois, and all others were 3* or lower. Which seems to me that before i played a game in the dynasty the cpu ranks Illinois as a team that can maybe attract two or three 4* recruits but thats it.

However, when i compare that to the original roster then illinois has recruited a lot of players in the past who would have been ranked as 4 or even 5 star players.

In this roster Illinois has these players that imo are at least a 4* recruit:

QB (SO rs 85 ovr), HB (SR 84), FB (SO 75), WR (SR 84), WR (SO 76), LT (SR 86), LG (JR 83), C (JR rs 84), RE (JR 79), DT (SO rs 80), MLB (SO 80), CB (JR 81), FS (SO 75), K (SR 87), P (SO 78)

So my question is: How do you guys cope with this, because with the recruiting classes i'm having in the first 2 seasons (both top 25 classes, but 40 3* recruits and almost no 4* recruits) in 3-4 years my team will have 22 starters at +- 80 OVR, but no players at 85 or higher.

BTW, it is not really an issue for me in terms of playability of my dynasty since i edited my rosters at the start so that i started with a weaker roster (79 OVR) and don't allow myself to sign more then 2 4* recruits anyhow to make it harder to win, but i'm just interested if it's just me or that you have a problem with this as well?

Also, totally off topic but don't want to start a new thread for it: Have you guys ever noticed that there is almost not one 3* RB prospect out there with a carrying rating higher then C-, but like 80% of the 3* WR prospects have a carrying rating of B or higher..... Don't understand that one...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: talent on roster @ start of dynasty vs. talent recruited players

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
Hi,

I'm currently doing a dynasty with Illinois and during my first (and 2nd btw) season there were three 4* recruits interested in joining Illinois, and all others were 3* or lower. Which seems to me that before i played a game in the dynasty the cpu ranks Illinois as a team that can maybe attract two or three 4* recruits but thats it.

However, when i compare that to the original roster then illinois has recruited a lot of players in the past who would have been ranked as 4 or even 5 star players.

In this roster Illinois has these players that imo are at least a 4* recruit:

QB (SO rs 85 ovr), HB (SR 84), FB (SO 75), WR (SR 84), WR (SO 76), LT (SR 86), LG (JR 83), C (JR rs 84), RE (JR 79), DT (SO rs 80), MLB (SO 80), CB (JR 81), FS (SO 75), K (SR 87), P (SO 78)

So my question is: How do you guys cope with this, because with the recruiting classes i'm having in the first 2 seasons (both top 25 classes, but 40 3* recruits and almost no 4* recruits) in 3-4 years my team will have 22 starters at +- 80 OVR, but no players at 85 or higher.

BTW, it is not really an issue for me in terms of playability of my dynasty since i edited my rosters at the start so that i started with a weaker roster (79 OVR) and don't allow myself to sign more then 2 4* recruits anyhow to make it harder to win, but i'm just interested if it's just me or that you have a problem with this as well?

Also, totally off topic but don't want to start a new thread for it: Have you guys ever noticed that there is almost not one 3* RB prospect out there with a carrying rating higher then C-, but like 80% of the 3* WR prospects have a carrying rating of B or higher..... Don't understand that one...
3* can come in from about 60-75 overall. So a 85 overall RS Sophomore isn't too crazy, and a 79 overall Junior could be a 2* player, honestly. An 84 Overall Senior is actually slightly below average, from what I've seen. SOme of these players probably were 4*,but none of them would be unrealistic 3*.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
3* can come in from about 60-75 overall. So a 85 overall RS Sophomore isn't too crazy, and a 79 overall Junior could be a 2* player, honestly. An 84 Overall Senior is actually slightly below average, from what I've seen. SOme of these players probably were 4*,but none of them would be unrealistic 3*.
Really? I havn't advanced that far in ncaa 12 (i'm in bowl week of season 2) so i don't know how the recruits progress during the years. My best 3* recruits from year 1 are rated 69 ovr (4 in total, 5 are 68 ovr), and my 4* recruit was a 69 ovr as well. I figured that the ones that progress the best would progress 4 rating points on average per year, which without redshirting would end in some guys at 81 ovr at best. Maybe even a bit more, but not more then a 85 ovr. But they progress faster or did i just had a weak recruiting class?
Old 08-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninho
Really? I havn't advanced that far in ncaa 12 (i'm in bowl week of season 2) so i don't know how the recruits progress during the years. My best 3* recruits from year 1 are rated 69 ovr (4 in total, 5 are 68 ovr), and my 4* recruit was a 69 ovr as well. I figured that the ones that progress the best would progress 4 rating points on average per year, which without redshirting would end in some guys at 81 ovr at best. Maybe even a bit more, but not more then a 85 ovr. But they progress faster or did i just had a weak recruiting class?
My 3* are generally about 69-72 overall. Maybe you got unlucky? The Top 3* I have ever nailed is a 78 overall CB. He was a 88 by Junior Year.

And for 4*, 68 is the lowest I've ever seen, most of mine start at about 74. My top 4* was a 79 pverall QB (90 Junior Year). Players who play a lot seem to progress more for me, so a Freshman Starter will progress faster than a Frosh Backup, I believe. Red Shirts I have no clue how quickly they progress.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

I have found Redshirting does wonders for awareness, at least in '11. Has made for some good recruting strategy for my linemen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

The problem with this game is too many highly rated players so dont worry about it. Im in my 8th season and there is 19 QB's rated 99 overall alone.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
Rookie

So i just did my offseason after season 2.

Here are my recruits:
4*: 1 (an athlete, only a few 4* athletes and a rb were interested)
3*: 20
2*: 1 (i actually didn't recruit him, but a 2* wr signed apparantly )
1*: 3 (1 kicker and i needed a fb, so 2 fb's)

This is how they ended up ovr:
4*: a 65 ovr WR....
3*: 73, 71, 70, 69, 69, 69, 68, 68, 68, 68, 68, 67, 67 and all others where 65 or lower (not below 60 btw)
2*: 62
1*: 72, 72, 70...

As for progression of my recruits of season 1:
4 progressed 5 points
4 progressed 4 points
3 progressed 3 points
All others have been cut. All freshman where redshirted.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:04 AM   #8
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

Just a tip from what I've seen, Athletes generally are rated worse for whatever reason....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »