Home

Movement on defense.

This is a discussion on Movement on defense. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Movement on defense.

Have not played a ton of this years game as I have been busy and a friend and I had been waiting on our OD for rosters/patches/etc.

I have played a couple games in a regular Dynasty and something seems "off" to me.

Movement of my user controlled player on defense. It just seems strange. To clarify I all most all ways play as a LB (specifically Lavonte David in these games so far). I loved playing as a LB in last years game. Flying to the ball,being a playmaker with a speedy LB.

This year it just seems stiff and jerky? Hell Im not sure how to describe it. Played a very limited number of snaps at DE and that seemed improved from last year as far as swim/power moves etc. But playing as my beloved weakside linebacker seems like playing in mud.

Is this just me? Just something new to get used to? Help me out here people.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
Rookie

Wrecktum's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Movement on defense.

Auto-strafe and auto-sprint are not your friends.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Must be you...feels like last years if not better to me when controlling LB's. But yeah, auto strafe and auto sprint makes it feel herky jerky.Playing on slow helps this too.

Last edited by Mtneer08; 08-16-2011 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Where specifically do you think it feels stiff?

I think it feels a lot better from the snap of the ball and in pursuit, but once you get close to the ball carrier, it feels much different. Maybe the suction tackles from last year being gone makes it feel different, but a lot of times I will make a great read on a play but then fly by the ball carrier because my guy just feels out of control.

I make it work though, getting more familiar with using the "tackle button", which helps.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #5
Rookie

Buster6's Arena

OVR: 1

I notice this online mostly. It's really awesome when I have a running back or someone in the open field and he just shoulder shrugs my linebacker who doesn't even try to make the tackle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Tha_BlacKnight's Arena

OVR: 8

This is my issue. Maybe you guys can figure this out. I play as the SS and this happens on run plays as well as pass plays.

When I move into a position to make a play and realize I wont make it with the guy that I am controlling I switch players. I have played the same way in everyother version of either NCAA or Madden. But for some reason the cpu switches me to another player out of position.

So say im playing Cover 3. The cpu is passing deep towards the FS and CB on the opposite side. Ill switch players hoping to switch to the player in the best position to defend the pass. But instead I end up controlling the second closest guy. Once it was the 3rd closest.

Its really frustrating. Any suggestions? Could it be the sliders I have it set at? What could it be?

6'8 220 Point Guard Ovr rating 62
College: The Citadel 2009-12

Career PPG 12.4, RPG 6.9, APG 11.2 (1521 asts)
89 career dbl dbls, 21 career triple doubles

4X All-Conf, 10-11 Conf POY, 08-09 Conf Frosh of the year, Frosh All Conf

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »