Home

The U

This is a discussion on The U within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The U

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
what happened with the U?
You should really read up on it. There's some good stuff in there. Paying players. Prostitutes. Sex parties. Abortion. Etc, etc.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-17-2011, 06:36 PM   #10
Rookie

BoJackson16's Arena

OVR: 2

Death penalty applies to repeat violators and can include elimination the involved sport for at least 1 year.
A school is a repeat violator if an 2nd major violation occurs within 5 years.
Back in 2003 the baseball had the same problem, so if this happen with the football and basketball team from 2002-2010 they would over lap and in theory should be given the death penalty. for the second violation dosent have to be in the same sport
Old 08-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Rookie

bccards13's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't know if the NCAA would give the U the death penalty because today is different from when they gave SMU the death penalty back in 86. Today the game is so ratings driven and Miami is a big school with a large nationwide audience and the NCAA's main source of revenue is the TV audience. In all Miami will be punished but the death penalty is unlikely in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Even if they got the "Death Penalty" Miami is one of if not the most attractive cities in the nation. They would bounce back anyway. It's the U.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:06 PM   #13
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

3 year postseason bans in basketball and football.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #14
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccards13
I don't know if the NCAA would give the U the death penalty because today is different from when they gave SMU the death penalty back in 86. Today the game is so ratings driven and Miami is a big school with a large nationwide audience and the NCAA's main source of revenue is the TV audience. In all Miami will be punished but the death penalty is unlikely in my book.
This is where the NCAA would finally be able to show that they can grow a set. Not to be crude, but they have been lacking to say the least when it comes to holding all teams to the same level of accountability.

With the allegations there really isn't ANY other direction they can go with this. I think big time programs are doomed after this.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #15
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

Saprio brought down the SEC Also. He said he didnt pay for recruits cause of the money trail in that conference. So SEC BEWARE. but i also think this problem with miami happens in most schools nationwide. Probably not as vivid as the miami situation but it happens. South carolina threw money in my face. But i play 4 clemson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #16
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8

Saprio brought down the SEC Also. He said he didnt pay for recruits cause of the money trail in that conference. So SEC BEWARE. but i also think this problem with miami happens in most schools nationwide. Probably not as vivid as the miami situation but it happens. South carolina threw money in my face. But i play 4 clemson 4 the girls and the promises to be honest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »