Home

Tight End?

This is a discussion on Tight End? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:05 AM   #9
Rookie

bc3po's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tight End?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFB13
The CBs in this game are all (over)rated extremely high in certain categories in this game, causing nearly constant lockdown of your outside recievers. If you look, your slot receivers probably have some nice yardage too.
so true. every season, madden or ncaa, my slot guys are the ones i always end up throwing too. They are always open
Old 08-18-2011, 02:29 AM   #10
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFB13
The CBs in this game are all (over)rated extremely high in certain categories in this game, causing nearly constant lockdown of your outside recievers. If you look, your slot receivers probably have some nice yardage too.
The CBs are overrated mainly in agility which causes them to change direction without slowing down, and their press coverage skills. Also, TEs ratings do no duplicate the ability of a TE on the field.

A great example is going off of what EA said TE #86 of Houston; Brandon Hartson, ratings should be. He came out of the box with 93 SPD 82 AGI and 90 ACC. Those ratings right there are what some of the top WRs in the game don't even have. Sure, he is a 64 overall, but who in the right mind would not throw to this guy when he is constantly covered by a LB or S? What makes it worse, he is listed on NFL Draft Scout as a long snapper, not even a TE!

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #11
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

Houston uses an Air Raid offense so he is probably a WR playing TE and won't see that much playing time. But still, sometimes EA does give random unknown guys amazing stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #12
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

I've been having a heck of a time trying to get the ball to my outside receivers. The off chance I do complete a deep pass there's a 95% chance a holding will be called. I had one game where I ran the same play four times in a row because the first three times there was a holding call. The results of those first three attempts; 77 yard TD, 87 yard TD, 64 yard gain. The result of the 4th attempt: incomplete and loss of downs...

My TE is my current leader in all passing categories, he is usually the only person open and he has the second best catch rating. I'll take it as long as the good results continue and I see some improvements with my outside receivers.

NFL - Packers & Browns
MLB - Brewers & Twins
NCAA Football - Wisconsin, LSU, Virginia Tech
Soccer - Arsenal, Wolverhampton
NHL - Wild
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #13
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

I love using my tight end. Currently have 3 true freshman at that position with one of them rs this season. My starting TE is a 6'5" 225 receiving tight end that was a 3 star out of high school. My backup is 6'6" 250 blcoking TE that was also 3 star out of high school. I usually try to use two tight end sets that way I can use one to block and the other to catch. I find this technique and opens up my passing game completely and also helps my running game as well. But I also see that my slot receiver usually is the leader in rec. yds so I move my number 1 receiver to that position in most of my sets.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 25
I run 2 teams in my dynasty ( ND and VT). With ND my #1 WR has 64 rec. 896 yds. 6 TDs. My #2 WR has 39 rec. 587 yds 5 TDs....then the rest. With VT my #1 WR has 43 rec 598 yds 8TDs....

It's how you call plays. It's easier to get it to the te and slot receivers, but you can get the ball to your outside receivers...just gotta mix up the routes and read the defense.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
Rookie

synjin's Arena

OVR: 1

I have the same issue with my 3rd/slot WR and TEs leading the team in catches and rec. yards. In my opinion, it's mostly because I can't see the outside WR on my screen unless I roll to that side or they run deeper than 15 yards or so and finally come into view from the edge of the screen.

I miss the view cone from a few Maddens ago where you could shift the camera angles to bring almost all the receivers into focus by targeting a receiver to look at... and the automatic shift of the camera on rollouts.

Or maybe NCAA has it and I just don't know how to use it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #16
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I use my TE alot. (Insert Michael Scott joke here) LOL! Jokes aside I do target him alot but I also try to get my best WR's involved by using motion or "strong slot" or even doing a formation sub where I insert one of my WR's into the TE position in certain shotgun formations where you have 3 wide.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »