Home

Losing Bowl victories in Online Dynasty

This is a discussion on Losing Bowl victories in Online Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13
Transfer Failed in Online Dynasty games

Console: 360
Members: 8 owners
Custom teams: None
Custom Conferences: default conferences
Settings: Heisman 6 min quarters
Recruiting: Heisman
Custom Rosters: FAIRDALE KINGS

*** RECENT ISSUES as of August 15, 2011 ***

#1: Attempted to complete season ONE tonight. Seven members attempted to play bowl games and five of them received the same message when done: "Dynasty Servers not available."

However, when backing out the scores showed up for two users on the "Dynasty Central" pages.

** ProBallers10 (Texas Tech) was credited with beating Stanford 59-24.
** WhoDat228 (Kansas State) was credited with beating Oregon State 41-24.
** CAJUN COMMISH (Ole Miss), CASPERSrain (Illinois) and MagnificentSevn (Washington) were not credited with completed games.

NOTE: One hour later CAJUN COMMISH was credited with beating Northwestern 60-17.

We did NOT want to advance to the end of the season and find out that all the scores were different.

#2: Our second big issue is that we had two users that were attempting to play their bowl game:

FAIRDALE KINGS (Louisville) vs. DA B DAWGS 6 (Boston College)

With 1:54 remaining in the 2nd Quarter a message appeared stating "The connection to your opponent has been lost."

For the next ten attempts the two would lose connection immediately after the coin toss.

Finally after ten attempts the game managed to allow the game to be played until the 3:35 mark in the 1st Quarter. Then the message appeared again stating "The connection to your opponent has been lost."

This was an issue with some other users in our dynasty on NCAA Football '11 whenever we had USER vs USER games in Bowl weeks. We would have problems with users staying connected. I assumed that this would be fixed with the release of a new game.

*** RECENT ISSUES as of August 16, 2011 ***

We actually had someone replay their game because they were afraid that they would be awarded a loss when we advanced the week. Unfortunately... even after playing the game again he received the same message that the "Dynasty Servers not available."
However, when backing out the scores showed up for three coaches on the "Dynasty Central" page.

*** RECENT ISSUES as of August 17, 2011 ***

After we advanced to the off-season we realized that several of the Bowl Game results were different:

Texas Tech had defeated Stanford yet Stanford was credited with a 42-17 win.
Ole Miss beat Northwestern 36-15 yet Ole Miss was given a 24-17 win.
Kansas State beat Oregon State however the CPU was awarded a 37-16 victory.

In our USER vs. USER game Louisville defeated Boston College 16-13 on a last-second Field Goal. When we advanced to the next week Louisville won 27-16.

** None of the bowl game stats registered.
** No coach was awarded their Bowl Trophy

The USERS attempted to connect over 10 times to no avail.
** We both reset our console clocks to 11/15/2005.
** The we both used the Clear System Cache and re-downloaded the Game updates.
** We both deleted any potential corrupt roster files or ONLINE DYNASTY files.

Finally... we were able to play after the Louisville owner used the AUTO re-order depth chart feature.

This is ridiculous. Last year we played 29 seasons in ONLINE dynasty with no problems. Has anyone else heard of this happening. Is there a fix? Has EA responded to these problems? Guys I'm usually an EA apologist and love this game... But we just finished year one in dynasty and their are obvious problems.

I would really be steaming if I was the Texas Tech coach that just went 11-1 regular season and beat #5 Stanford 59-24 in the Fiesta Bowl. That guy lost a BCS bowl victory toward his record. A boost in off-season recruiting for winning his bowl game. A chance to meet his goals in Coaching Carousel. A potential Top-5 finish in the final polls.

How can you convince guys to continue playing dynasty games... and then you have Bowl victories snatched away after you've played the game. It's inconceivable.

Last edited by FAIRDALE_KINGS; 08-18-2011 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Losing Bowl victories in Online Dynasty

I feel your pain. Same is happening to us. I'm guessing since it came out of no where it must be a server issue. Hopefully fixed asap.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:29 AM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

My OD couldn't even get to the point where bowl scores could be changed, we got to Week 12 and got the permanent Online Dynasty is Not Available message when trying to advance. Tried switching commish, nothing. Tried to advance about 100 times over 4 days, nothing. Started a test OD to see if it was the servers or just us, that one worked, so it was clearly just that dynasty.

We haven't restarted one since waiting for the patch and some newer rosters.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Same here. All bowl games in my online dynasty after season 1 returned the server error. The scores show up in Dynasty Central, but no stats or anything else.

If you go into the ESPN tab and look at the schedule, you'll see those same games don't show as played and even still have the "sim/play" option available. If you advance the dynasty those Dyntasy Central results are just thrown out and the games are simmed.

At this point we've decided to wait for the patch then replay the bowl games and try again.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 AM   #5
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

For some reason I think it may be the rosters. In a couple dynasties that I'm in using Morty's rosters we got this issue. In a different OD with different rosters we got past bowl season fine =/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

The OD I'm in had similar problems. I won my bowl game as did all other users except for the user vs user bowl games, I believe just two occurred. Anyways end result, I lost my bowl game. I can't believe how many bugs are wrong with this game so far. EA should be embarrassed. We're waiting for the patch to advance to year 2 but this is rediculous. C'mon EA
Old 08-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

I know the frustrations I've experienced with just a one person OD, with lockups, and the "Servers Not Available" garbage - which in my case I got after both of my BCS NC wins, which when I was forced to sim, I lost.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #8
Rookie

big_bair's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
For some reason I think it may be the rosters. In a couple dynasties that I'm in using Morty's rosters we got this issue. In a different OD with different rosters we got past bowl season fine =/
I don't think it's a roster issue, unless you just can't do anything to it at all including depth chart changes. We just finished season 1 of our 4 member OD, all teams in the Big East, and we're using default rosters. Two of us had our bowl games reversed (myself and another guy, who had gone undefeated with Pitt, winning all 3 of his HTH games by a grand total of 7 points, and then won his BCS game...only to have it reversed). We both got the error when trying to upload the results, but they showed up in the dynasty as being played. I know because our commissioner was online at the time and I asked him before exiting my game. He said everything looked cool. Advanced the week...not cool.

Thankfully, I've only had the game freeze on me once thus far, but this is frustrating. I rarely post (though I enjoy all the posts and work a lot of you guys put in here as it has greatly enhanced my football gaming experience). I'm not an EA basher. We've had a blast playing NCAA 09, 11 and even the barebones Madden Online franchise. This is putting a big blemish on our franchise and this game though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »