Home

Is there a way to stop the psychic playcalling/audibling?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to stop the psychic playcalling/audibling? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 AM   #1
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
Angry Is there a way to stop the psychic playcalling/audibling?

Am I using the wrong difficulty/sliders or something? I'm playing on AA with SEC Elite's sliders and every game in my offline dynasty I get the same BS. I run the ball 5 times and then call a PA and the CPU comes out in the nickel. And also whenever I audible the CPU reads my mind as well. I call run, DB and LBs come in. I audible to pass, they back off. I just keep audibling back and forth 50 times before the snap and make the DB run back and forth like he's doing cone drills, when my guy isn't even doing the changing the play motions, he is just shouting the calls so I guess the DB has a secret microphone planted on the QB and a speaker in his ear as well as insider knowledge of the playcalling language.

It really takes a large amount of enjoyment out of the game when my eyes light up as I see a weakness, audible to take advantage out of it, only to have the CPU audible into the EXACT counter for it. So are there any slider adjustments or anything I can make to hinder this in some way?

Last edited by psychicDB; 08-18-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Rookie

DreSki's Arena

Re: Is there a way to stop the psychic playcalling/audibling?

Its just the way the game is. Its been like this for some years now the cpu knows what plays you run so they usually come out in a good D to stop it instead of calling plays based on your personnel or down and distance.

Its a huge reason why i dont run spread offenses because even if you call a run out of a 4WR look the cpu D will come out in a base 4-3 anyway because you called a run. Dont think theres much you can do to change it either.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

If you doubt the game's programming audible from pass to run and back again several times, from the same formation. Your players don't move at all, but the psychic CPU D realigns every time.

Past annoying.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Rookie

This is one thing that I'm really getting tired of in Madden and NCAA football games, the CPU AI knows every play you run and the minute you press a button they are on you like a fly on fly paper. Man I hope the next football games on the next new generation of consoles will be an improvement but I wont hold my breath on that.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Yeah, this is definitely an issue. When you come out in 2-2 personnel on a 2nd and 3 or 3rd and 1 and you see a nickel formation, it's a bit frustrating, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I just roll with it and use a robust audible system. In order to create mismatches from those situations, I also at times come out in a call (normally on defense) that I have no intention of staying with, and then late in the count I'll check out to a different play to try to trick the CPU.

I don't see this happening all the time, though, so I can accept it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah, this is definitely an issue. When you come out in 2-2 personnel on a 2nd and 3 or 3rd and 1 and you see a nickel formation, it's a bit frustrating, and there's nothing you can do about it.

I just roll with it and use a robust audible system. In order to create mismatches from those situations, I also at times come out in a call (normally on defense) that I have no intention of staying with, and then late in the count I'll check out to a different play to try to trick the CPU.

That's really about all you can do to try to combat it. To the OP, don't worry too much, the CPU eventually picks the wrong defense too (not as often) and it's up to you to capitalize. The game decides somewhere around 80% of the outcome of every play before it's run. That's how EA creates a "challenge"!
Old 08-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreSki

Its a huge reason why i dont run spread offenses because even if you call a run out of a 4WR look the cpu D will come out in a base 4-3 anyway because you called a run. Dont think theres much you can do to change it either.
I am not seeing evidence of this. Now it is true that the CPU will seem to audible into a coverage best suited to stop whatever play you audible to, but I have not seen evidence of the CPU defense lining up in a base 4-3 if I happen to have a 4 wide draw called. I have never seen this. The game is actually realistic i terms of using proper D packages in regards to down, distance and offense package and formation.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:15 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

This.

In last years game I would come out in 4 wide sets with a pass play called and quickly audible to a run play and hike the ball. Since the CPU knows what you are going to do you a lot of times you have to come out with a play you have no intention of running and then from the audible quickly hike the ball so the CPU doesn't have a chance to realign the defense. Since the CPU cheats, you have to try and trick it as best you can.

Just make sure you're not audibling the actual formation because that will take too long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »