Home

Will I make the Championship game with a victory in the ACC championship?

This is a discussion on Will I make the Championship game with a victory in the ACC championship? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will I make the Championship game with a victory in the ACC championship?

Here are the BCS rankings of my online dynasty going into conference championship week. I'm 11-1 with ECU (only loss to Florida State) playing against undefeated and ranked no. 1 Miami. Do you think I'll get to the number 2 spot at least if I defeat them? This is my custom conference online dynasty I'm playing on the PS3 with a bunch of old college friends.

1 Miami 12-0 points 1
2 Oklahoma 10-1 points 0.994
3 TAMU 11-1 points 0.988
4. UF 10-2 0.98
5 ECU 11-1 0.98

I'm 4 and 5 in the Coaches and Media Polls currently. I figure if I beat Miami it should vault me to at least the no. 2 spot but I have no idea. I guess I should concentrate on winning that game first. Heisman difficulty is no joke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Will I make the Championship game with a victory in the ACC championship?

No,that loss pretty much did you in you may get to #3 but it also depends on where FSU is ranked now. I've gone undefeated with UNC against the teams in the ACC even with teams like LSU, MSU and USC on my schedule I still on topped out at #4. In the ACC you have to hope that other big name teams have at least 1 loss.

Last edited by nova91; 08-18-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #3
Rookie

Well, FSU is ranked 9th in the BCS so they are up there. I figured since the ratings from 3-4 are so close that if I beat Miami who is no 1 in all polls, that would definitely put me ahead of them. Then since I'm basically tied with TAMU and UF wouldn't the win over Miami help me move ahead? I also beat NC State who is 6 in the BCS.

Last edited by wvugrad2000; 08-18-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

With FSU ranked that high maybe but it might be a crap shoot. If you save and reload one time you might get it and another you might not.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #5
Rookie

Can't really save and reload the online dynasty so I'll have to put it up to fate. No guarantee I'll beat Miami on Heisman anyway with my weak players from ECU. The sad thing is with the FSU game, I would have won if it wasn't for two early turnovers. I drove the ball all the way down field two possessions in a row and fumbled inside the red zone. I even always hold the "cover the ball" button when getting tackled. It happens though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
Rookie

Ah, another wildcard that I forgot. Oklahoma will play Texas A&M in the Big 12 championship game so one of them will lose. I have 4 super conferences with 14 teams each, all with championship games. I think that pretty much guarantees that I'll be in the 2 spot if I win right? I would jump Miami and a 2 loss Florida and the winner of the OU vs. TAMU game would be no. 1.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

My guess would be that the points you score from beating the #1 team will jump you over UF and TAMU, Unless either of them plays and wins a Championship game themselves.

Please let us know what happens anyway, its an interesting little scenario.

EDIT: ok...missed the last post. The loser of OK/TAMU should drop below you, the winner and you should play the BCS. game, if you beat Miami.

Florida not in a Championship game then?

Last edited by hee163; 08-18-2011 at 09:44 AM. Reason: missed last post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #8
Rookie

I'll update the post once I play the championship game and advance the week tonight if the other user in a champ. game gets his game in. I should concentrate on beating the Canes instead of looking at scenarios. Also, we are looking for one more person for this dynasty. We have 7 guys now and each is on one half of a conference except one. We start off using 3 star teams or less. Whichever team you pick I would put you in the Big 12 opposite another user. We advance quickly, every day or two and it's a group of legit players, non sore losers. Heisman, only slider change is the speed threshold to 35. Only 4 of the 7 users will make a bowl game this season. I expect season 2 to be much more competitive. The hope was for there to be conference championship matchups between users each season, this didn't happen season one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »