Home

Redshirting Players

This is a discussion on Redshirting Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1
Redshirting Players

Hello everyone, this is actually my very first thread! Now playing as the South Florida Bulls located in the Big East, were not the biggest school for recruiting as we face some I the toughest in Florida State, UF, and UM. Im very successful with them but I ran into a problem. Being in my second year most of my recievers are graduating. In fact 4/6 are seniors. The next 2 are juniors so they could potentially go to the NFL draft. I definitely needed a big time recruit and actually got it with a guy named Patrick Turner being a 5 star man. Literally the best recruit in the nation. I was completely shocked when I saw he committed to us because it told me he was "soft" for auburn. Now just in case I get transfers and such and such and he isnt really in a position to start should I red shirt him? It told me early playing time was low and it seems when I was recruiting he was more of a guy that just wanted to win. So, if the time is right for him do I redshirt him?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Redshirting Players

I always try to redshirt unless the guy is significantly better than who I already have at the position or if I made the no redshirt / significant playing time promise(s) or if I just don't have enough depth. If the ratings are close or worse, I'll always redshirt.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Don't have to redshirt him now you can redshirt him his soph, junior, or senior year. But if he's not likely to help you much this season RS him now.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1

Lol nvm he is my starting recievers.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAppleJews
Lol nvm he is my starting recievers.
Just as a follow up, it sounded like in your OP that you were worried a guy would transfer away if he valued early playing time and you redshirted him.

The only way a guy will be more likely to leave early due to a redshirt is if you promise him that you won't.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »