Home

Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective?

This is a discussion on Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 06:34 PM   #17
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I like that the moves are toned down; it's way more realistic. I just want to be able to see a big back with strength lay his shoulder down or put his helmet through a LB or DB and I can't get those animations to trigger.

On a side note, a guy on my hall in college played his bootcamp songs all day, and one of them started:

Airborne Ranger, Airborne Ranger, where have you been?
I've been around the world and back again . . .

You know that one? It's a little macabre, but I've never forgotten it.
I have heard that cadence before, its an old one though...

I also notice the goal line leap seems to be very delayed in comparison to past versions, the juke moves I don't mind so much for the sheer fact that the run game is a lot easier but the goal line leap is so delayed it's almost useless.... Side note the videos Illwill has posted are pretty awesome but I have yet to pull anything close off as far as the moves are concerned in the videos. My current RB has 89 strength 88 stiff arm and 84 juke..
Old 08-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #18
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc314
the truck stick works fine for me, you are not going to roll over every defender in this years game, a truck in real football (as it is in this game) will just be the RB winning the battle between him and tackler but hes still going to hit the ground, the difference is he will fall forward to pick up a few extra yards

as for the stiff arm ive only tried to use it like 3-5 times and it only worked once maybe twice, but just because u are jamming a doesnt mean you are going to punch everyone in the face in this years game
Excellent point and very true. Not sure if the OP is expecting guys to get blown up every time it's used or not, but the usual animation is a TE or a big back falling forward with his head down over the top of the defender who is on his back. I have seen the CPU truck me in a game where I was on my back and the runner kept his feet without falling, literally stepping over me. This is a rare animation, but it should be rare because this rarely happens in real life.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
CPU pulled this off on my defense. I would love to pull this against smaller DBs with big RBs
Good clip. This is exactly what I'm trying to get to trigger for my backs from time to time. The CPU has trucked me this way with WRs, RBs, and even QBs. I don't want it to play a ton, but it would be nice to be able to bowl straight over a defender from time to time.

On the whole, though, I do agree that it's a very good thing that they've limited this animation and toned it down from what it was in Madden when the feature first came out.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:13 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've triggered the bulldozing stiff arm a bit. Sometimes 2-3 times a game and sometimes none. Pretty cool looking though.

What I have noticed though is that most moves are not as effective as simply maneuvering your player. It's dumb and kinda lessens the importance of stick skills but it's whatev.

I do see me back trucking occasionally but with gang tackling the animation is quickly halted by another defender.

For the most part, I believe in this years game the backs Elusive rating is most important, or atleast in my opinion it is. I see LaMichael "elude" tackles almost every play and sometimes 3-4 times inone play. While bigger backs with higher strength and BT don't seem nearly as effective for me.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:24 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 Re: Truck stick and Stiff arm not effective?

I noticed neither of these moves work very well this year. How did they mess this stuff up?
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 02:06 AM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
I noticed neither of these moves work very well this year. How did they mess this stuff up?
It's not really messed up, it's by design.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:05 AM   #23
Rookie

Shankssta's Arena

OVR: 0

I fumble a lot when I use the truck stick, so I rarely do it any more.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #24
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's not really messed up, it's by design.

If you mean the annual "give a feature then remove a feature" EA dance, then yea, it's "by design".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »