Home

What I'm most disappointed with. (RTG)

This is a discussion on What I'm most disappointed with. (RTG) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
What I'm most disappointed with. (RTG)

Every since 2K's MP mode I have been a huge fan of BAP modes. When I realised that NCAA would be expanding on RTG I was excited. To be able to get similar fun out of NCAA as I did 2k10-11 sounded promising.

I was prepared for there to be some things about the mode that may not have been up to par. Even though it's been around forever it has mainly been a side show not the main attraction. But I found way too many things about the mode that weren't up to par(some really inexplicable).

-You can't adjust the time limit. Really can't understand how the dev saw this as a legit way play the mode. The point is to try to emerge yourself in the game. How can I with 5min quarters?(this was by far the thing that makes the mode unplayable for me).
-Your player progesses way too quickly.(After my experiences with MP not too surprised about this)
-Once again named rosters can't be used
-For all the improvements and hype the mode really didn't contain anything innovative.

Hopefully all of these things find themselves workout in NCAA 13 as of now I don't even play NCAA 12.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What I'm most disappointed with. (RTG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Every since 2K's MP mode I have been a huge fan of BAP modes. When I realised that NCAA would be expanding on RTG I was excited. To be able to get similar fun out of NCAA as I did 2k10-11 sounded promising.

I was prepared for there to be some things about the mode that may not have been up to par. Even though it's been around forever it has mainly been a side show not the main attraction. But I found way too many things about the mode that weren't up to par(some really inexplicable).

-You can't adjust the time limit. Really can't understand how the dev saw this as a legit way play the mode. The point is to try to emerge yourself in the game. How can I with 5min quarters?(this was by far the thing that makes the mode unplayable for me).
-Your player progesses way too quickly.(After my experiences with MP not too surprised about this)
-Once again named rosters can't be used
-For all the improvements and hype the mode really didn't contain anything innovative.

Hopefully all of these things find themselves workout in NCAA 13 as of now I don't even play NCAA 12.
Fully Agree. I am mostly a BAP player. I play some games just for BAP.
Once I heard Custom Quarter Lengths was not in, My hope for RTG dropped greatly. Some position arent too fun if you only end up with a max of 5 Tackles or 3-5 Catches. I understand it was done for XP. I would rather have the ability to manually boost ratings like in for Superstar mode this year. Besides starting automatically, I think Superstar might be better this year.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm a little disappointed, but not much. The mode did get a shot in the arm, and does look like it should stick around for next year's game (given the amount of time they spent on it).

No custom quarter lengths: Really bad idea. All the slider sets people are publishing have quarter lengths around 8 or 9 minutes, so the slider sets don't work all that well in RTG.

Progression is too fast: You develop so much in your first two years that your junior and senior seasons are snooze fests. The answer is to introduce real world random events that boost your deflate ratings based on personal choices. Hey, it's in the news (the U), so why shouldn't it be in the game.

No dynasty coaching tie in: Come on, man! Let a graduating player stick around as a coach.

WR/CB camera angle: Come on, man again! We've been talking about this for...

Atmosphere: I get that the interface is streamlined to look just like dynasty, etc., but where's the atmosphere? Where's the campus specific ra ra stuff? The game mode feels like a typical day in cubicleland.

Mental game: There's really no emotional, psychological, or play learning elements in this game. Sure, you progress through coach's trust and don't get the shaky play art after a while, but that's about it. I want a freshman to act like a goofy freshman, and a senior to be a campus god.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
I'm a little disappointed, but not much. The mode did get a shot in the arm, and does look like it should stick around for next year's game (given the amount of time they spent on it).

No custom quarter lengths: Really bad idea. All the slider sets people are publishing have quarter lengths around 8 or 9 minutes, so the slider sets don't work all that well in RTG. Lost all the hype for me. Cant rack up stats in some positions.

Progression is too fast: You develop so much in your first two years that your junior and senior seasons are snooze fests. The answer is to introduce real world random events that boost your deflate ratings based on personal choices. Hey, it's in the news (the U), so why shouldn't it be in the game. Way too fast. By end of Soph season, you probably might break all the records. And since we cant leave early, we stay for a useless year. I would like them to use MP or SS XP system, where we manually boost ratings. If we have a 18 car 50 yard, 10-28 passing game, or give up a TD game, Our ratings should decrease. I never felt the backup fight for position.

No dynasty coaching tie in: Come on, man! Let a graduating player stick around as a coach. Would like to see this added back. But, after the 2015+ season as a Position coach.

WR/CB camera angle: Come on, man again! We've been talking about this for... Really needs to be fix. Defensive mostly. The camera shouldnt swing causing us to miss out on a play and it shouldnt be focused on the ball. There should a camera angle editer.

Atmosphere: I get that the interface is streamlined to look just like dynasty, etc., but where's the atmosphere? Where's the campus specific ra ra stuff? The game mode feels like a typical day in cubicleland. Agree. There needs to be something added out of ingame. Like Emails or letters. Like Cutscenes of player arriving to stadiums.

Mental game: There's really no emotional, psychological, or play learning elements in this game. Sure, you progress through coach's trust and don't get the shaky play art after a while, but that's about it. I want a freshman to act like a goofy freshman, and a senior to be a campus god. Some Coach Trust advancements should be locked until you reach a certain year. I would love to see position drills back.
In Bold
I miss the the old letter from a fan. Pic of GF, As a Freshman is was fugly and as a SR she looks good.
For Atmosphere.They should bring back Dorm Room. Add a Trophy case with your awards in it. I like the ability in SS this year where you hear Coordinator Audio. Would be a great add.
Also very important for me is adding Postion Drills back. Like Oklahoma, Throw Power, Throwing to Dummies, 7-7s, Rush the QB, Kicking, Cover, Return. It can teach you how to learn techniques.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #5
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

disappointed as well, aside from an expanded high school schedule i don't see much of a difference at all. was under the impression the mode was really getting some attention this year but i'm just not seeing it. i still have fun with it, but its just not where i was hoping it would be. sadly enough, i'm only playing it a lot because our OD's are broken :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfansince81
disappointed as well, aside from an expanded high school schedule i don't see much of a difference at all. was under the impression the mode was really getting some attention this year but i'm just not seeing it. i still have fun with it, but its just not where i was hoping it would be. sadly enough, i'm only playing it a lot because our OD's are broken :/
I thought so too.
I am really playing RTG right now because I am waiting for the Patch, Madden, and to import RTGs into Superstar Mode.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

I hate how you cant be a fullback or tight end. I really wanted to be a fullback for a triple option school like army.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Is it just me, or was being a kicker in Madden 08 superstar the best? I loved it. I was always kicker or punter. Might just be me...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »