Home

Greatest NCAA moments? (Offline)

This is a discussion on Greatest NCAA moments? (Offline) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
Rookie

FreshAppleJews's Arena

OVR: 1
Greatest NCAA moments? (Offline)

Playing USC in the National title I was losing by 6 points in the 4th quarter with about a 1:29. It was 3rd and 9 in my territory at the 42 yard line. At the time it was Matt Barkley playing quarterback, under the name of Bo Williams. He was the heisman winner and through 4td's in the game.... This was the time where my hands were getting sweaty and trying to make some kind of play. With my senior corner who was an impact player getting injured in the first quarter my defense was on a thin leash... I had my recruited 2 star corner in the game who I have been developing throughout his freshman year. So the play was designed for a 5 yard and out route by the slot receiver that they have killed me on before. When I saw the formation lineup I was thinking OMG I'm going to be screwed. I have tried to cover this route before and ended up getting burned in man coverage. THIS time I was playing with the younger quicker player just dieing to make a play.... He snapped the ball and I gave the computer enough comfort to think he's got the throw. Once I saw the ball come out of his hand I jumped on it and got the PIC! I was jumping up and down trotting into the end-zone and ended up getting a fumble recovering with :29 seconds left on the clock in a later drive to seal the deal and win the National Championship! Let me here your story on how you made the best thirty seconds of NCAA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Greatest NCAA moments? (Offline)

How dare you beat USC in the National Championship. haha

My greatest moment was when I beat Washington in the final game of the season with Washington State to become bowl eligible. I had had a rough season getting crushed by teams like Oregon and Stanford, but I also won some key games like this one. I came back on Washington in the 3rd quarter, passed them up in the beginning of the 4th quarter, and held on to win the game 31-21. It was amazing.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
In my SMU dynasty. I moved them into the Big 12 and beat number 1 Oklahoma in their own house. Felt good to get my first Big 12 win after I lost a nail biter to Baylor.

---
- Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-20-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Shroom's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
In my SMU dynasty. I moved them into the Big 12 and beat number 1 Oklahoma in their own house. Felt good to get my first Big 12 win after I lost a nail biter to Baylor.

---
- Do you really care where I sent this from?
Haha I love upsetting teams on their own field.
USC Trojans
Old 08-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAppleJews
Let me here your story on how you made the best thirty seconds of NCAA.
I was the OC at Idaho and made the WAC a 12-team conference so we would have a Conference Championship Game. TCU, who I also moved into the WAC, was in the other conference and we met for the title game.

It was a close, hard fought game. Probably my most fun game on '12 yet. With 2:03 left, I got the ball at my 19, down 14-21. I drove down the field and w/ :21 left scored on a 16 yard TD pass. Score was now 21-21.

I kicked off and they returned it to the 33. Knowing the CPU's tendency to go deep and be successful when trailing, and me having no control as I was the OC, I was worried. But the TCU QB tried to hit a hook route at mid-field and my FS picked it off and returned it to the 40 w/ :07 left.

I called Inside Switch out of 5-Wide and gained 10 yards, calling timeout w/ :02 left. I hit the inside receiver who runs a slant and settles into the zone. Anyway, w/ :02 left my kicker comes in and makes a 47 yard FG by about a foot and a half.

Final score: 24-21! 10 points in the final :21 seconds. That felt great! Too bad the crowd couldn't rush the field! LOL

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 06:39 AM   #6
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2

My greatest moment was just tonight when I broke the NCAA single season rushing record, single season rushing TDs record, and single game rushing record all on one 64 yard TD rush with my 2x Heisman sophomore RB.....in the national championship game which I also won
Old 08-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #7

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

RTG mode, vs Penn State, we(Wisky) had taken the lead with :32 left, a good ole, one point lead, and when it went to supersim, they returned the kick for a touchdown, I got the ball at the 20, with around :15 left, the coach called a HB Draw, I audibled into a Smash corners play, and hit Jared Abbrederis for a first down around their 41 yard line, the coach then called a four verts, and for whatever reason, Penn State had called a Press coverage play, and they tried to bump Nick Toon at the line, and I lofted a pass to him, he dove, caught it in the endzone :00 remaining on the clock. Only an extra point to win, just to make sure I watch the extra point go through the uprights, to win the game.

Though, it absolutely killed it when like 0 people celebrated, and we just walked onto the field and shook hands, and I'm in my living room with my wife looking at me like I'm crazy cause I'm celebrating like a fool.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #8
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Once threw a end of the game no time on clock the INT to the cpu off a hail mary. The computer immediately got hit fumbled I scooped it up for a TD and the win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »