Home

Are the XBox 1 / PS2 Games Better?

This is a discussion on Are the XBox 1 / PS2 Games Better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2011, 06:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Are the XBox 1 / PS2 Games Better?

05 is not backwards compatible I don't believe. not sure though
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

i work at a day-care that has a PS2 for the kids to play on and one of them brought NCAA 11 for PS2 to play. Great game. Tons of fun. Has everything i miss in the 06 game i last played for the last gen. consoles.

I didn't get a chance to go in depth with the game but it looked just how i liked it. And it was awesome.

Recruiting and graphics have upgraded for the Next Gen. consoles but i still prefer all of the great features of the Last Gen. consoles.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Combat unis. (Outfits!)
Dreads. (Hairstylish!)
Grand entrances. (Presentation, girlfriend!)

360/PS3 is "My Super Sweet 16 Barbie DressUp" ...for boys.

Last Gen was a football game.

Current Gen is a game about the football program at your favorite university. ...or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Ummmm, let's see...... Div II teams, tons more of the "little things", better overall feel, very few bugs. I'd say it's better by far. ONly thing these games have is graphics.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:18 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 22

I just traded in NCAA Football 12 cancelled my pre-order for Madden because I couldn't take it anymore. I own 03 through 08 on Xbox, but I was thinking of purchasing 11 for Playstation 2. Would it be worth it or should I just stick with 07?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Ummmm, let's see...... Div II teams, tons more of the "little things", better overall feel, very few bugs. I'd say it's better by far. ONly thing these games have is graphics.
If they were to add 80% of the Last Gen Features into NCAA 13 along with Dynasty/Coaching Carousels and RTG Improvements and nothing else, The game would still be a 9.5/10. What would make it a 10/10, would be wither incorporating Real-time Physics or Completely Redoing OL/DL Play & WR/DB Play, and Further Differentiating Players(Tendencies/Triats and Throw/Run Styles).
Old 08-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavonBrown
I just traded in NCAA Football 12 cancelled my pre-order for Madden because I couldn't take it anymore. I own 03 through 08 on Xbox, but I was thinking of purchasing 11 for Playstation 2. Would it be worth it or should I just stick with 07?
I just popped that in the other day and couldn't find a workaround to get the schedules right. Maybe I'm thinking back to the Bill Walsh college football game, but I thought in the past you could adjust your conference schedule to your liking as long you kept it within conference requirements. 11 will not even let you toggle home/away.

If they had 12 on PS2 I would buy it right now just to have updated conferences/schedules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #16
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

It's just crazy talk to say the last Gen games were better than NCAA 12.

With that said NCAA 06 was a fantastic game in it's day. It 's only 1 of 2 last gen games I have kept. 06 had the best Option Attack Mini game ever.

But it's not better than 12.
PS4: Nothing currently

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »