Home

WTF is wrong with Special Teams?

This is a discussion on WTF is wrong with Special Teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #17
Rookie

catsfan19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: WTF is wrong with Special Teams?

Blocking kicks is a lot easier this year. You just have to time it perfectly with one of the two guys split out wide. I have got 3 blocked field goals already and a couple extra points.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:38 AM   #18
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Is special teams being addressed in the patch?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did better at kicking the ball when I realized you have to angle the movement on your joystick to the angle of your kick. If your offset and try to kick it like normal half the time you shank it. It does make it so I line up my running plays in the middle of the field for a field goal. one last second loss to Alabama because of a missed field goal is enough.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #20
MVP

nova91's Arena

When I'm in control of the kicker I haven't missed a kick from 51 yards or less that wasn't blocked, the cpu kicker kicker constantly misses easy kicks (17-29 yards out from the middle of the field) I know that happens but to have a kicker with 92 KAC that is 5-14 is bad, to have a kicker with 85 KPW that comes up short on 25 yard field goal is worse.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:53 AM   #21
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I actually blocked a FG the other day. Wasn't even the guy I was controlling, the guy next to the DE just came free and blocked it. Was really awesome. I think the last time I blocked a FG on a football game was Madden '02 for PC. Sparked an upset victory for my North Texas squad at home against Indiana, too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 03:05 AM   #22
MVP

nova91's Arena

Actually blocking FGs and punts have not been a problem in my UNC dynasty, in year 3 through the first 5 weeks of the season there have been 30 blocked punts and FGs. My defense has one in 3 games, last year they had 8 and the year before that they had 5, as an OC it is always good to have you defense get you the ball back with a short field to go but it is not good getting stopped at the 23 and think "Hey at least I'll get 3 points out of this." only to have your kicker miss or get stopped at the 47 and think "My punter should be able to down them inside the 20." only to have your punter kick the ball straight through the endzone.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:31 AM   #23
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMG
Aim as low as possible when kicking FG's if your not already.
Does this honestly work, guys? I've also been having trouble kicking field goals.... I suck at it.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 AM   #24
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

It helps if you need distance, and does seem to help in terms of the wind affecting the ball. However, if you're missing because you're bad with the stick during the kicking game, it's only going to make it worse.

One issue I do have is that the ball never seems to 'settle' on punts. Every kick goes skidding into the endzone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »