Home

SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

This is a discussion on SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #33
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
I'm USC playing in the BCS Championship

Well that's you're problem right there.
Unless you're in like your 5th year.
Its my first year..I was going to sim any bowl game except the BCS game if I got to it and I just happened to kind of stumble into it with two losses. I'm doing the recruiting restrictions (15 schollies each year) but after all the work and time I put into the season, I couldn't find it in me to not play out the national title game.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 24

That does suck, but it's happened to me in other games as well...

The Show: About to make a game-winning catch, but the ball morphs thru the glove and scores a run or two.

NHL: Watch an easy wrister go right thru my goalie's glove into the net.

Madden: A game winning catch is ruled out of bounds though the replays show he was clearly in.

And on and on it goes.

I'd restart the NC game and try to blow out Wisconsin if possible, then you have no problems with bad calls......
Old 08-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #35
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

You can't overlook the fact that the game logic is broken, but worse, this appears to be an intentional cheat built into the game that signals the DB's to leave their assignments and try to tackle the "rushing QB".

Basically, it's the AI doing the reverse pump fake glitch from earlier last year to win a game. If this is against a CPU opponent, then I stand by my above statement. If it's against and online opponent, the code should have gotten checked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #36
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
You can't overlook the fact that the game logic is broken, but worse, this appears to be an intentional cheat built into the game that signals the DB's to leave their assignments and try to tackle the "rushing QB".

Basically, it's the AI doing the reverse pump fake glitch from earlier last year to win a game. If this is against a CPU opponent, then I stand by my above statement. If it's against and online opponent, the code should have gotten checked.
There's a number of things in this game that I've kind of sluffed off...maybe because I was in denial or my college football bias or overall I was still having fun but there's no question...this game is broken in a number of ways including the title of this thread which just happened to me, too: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042753208

This is unacceptable and unforgivable stuff. I'm going to give this game the forthcoming patch to make it or break it but I'm honestly temtpted to trade it for Madden. The demo of Madden, to me, is better than this full game and I say that as someone with a heavy college bias.

I'm already hearing from reviewer friends of mine how much better Madden is in addition to some of the OS feedback.

I can believe it. It frankly wouldn't have to take a whole hell of a lot starting with not being broken.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #37
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13

To the OP: That's an exploit that a buddy of mine uses. If you can time it right and start the pass animation right at the LOS, the animation will complete and the defense is doomed. EA should really take a look at that and get it out of the game.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

The guy who said he plays the other teams games and makes sure they loose.... are you serious?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 AM   #39
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=Bullet Sponge;2042752655]

Yeah the part about him passing the line isn't a big deal since that could happen in real life.

Isn't a big deal? Are you serious? On the last play of the bcs championship and he throws the pass 2 yards passed the line of scrimmage and you think that could happen...wow...maybe a half or a yd passed in a regular season game but on the last play of the bcs championship...no, that would not happen.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:00 AM   #40
Rookie

nazzman's Arena

OVR: 3

Second season of an AI-human dynasty. Big rivalry game between UF and Tenn. SEC division game with conference title implications.

I win in a hard-fought classic SEC battle lasting 2 hours.

After the game ends, I try to exit.

Then comes my first freeze of the year. Game wiped out. Nada.

I sim it and lose to unranked Tenn.

(Game after next also ends with a freeze.)

Fun!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »