Home

SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

This is a discussion on SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:38 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: SCREWED out of the BCS National Championship **My LAST STRAW with NCAA 12**

I feel bad for the OP, but we've all been there.

Glitches happen... Bad programming exists and no game will ever perfect the art of getting it completely right. I am not defending EA; I am defending the video game industry as a whole. No game will ever live up to our true expectations.

I am not downplaying his frustration. Been there, done that, know exactly how it feels...

One thing I've learned through the years... There are some great games out there, but none of them will ever give me absolute satisfaction. I learned in the past three or four years to really temper my expectations. Although I do tend to buy my favorite titles on release day, I've really implemented the virtue of patience with games. I'm not running out to buy most games on release day, but I'll wait a month, read reviews and forums, find out what the bugs are, maybe rent the game, and if all goes well, I'll buy it.

It's really the only way to go.

OP, sorry about your experience. It truly does suck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is so much broken in this game it is incredible. I wish the courts would allow other companies to make NCAA football games. They have no incentive when they have a monopoly.
People have listed how incredibly every aspect of the game has serious issues.
I don't mind a 2 loss Bama getting in what happened to me was a series of top teams like Bama with 1 or 2 losses did not get in while a FIRST YEAR Idaho team that played absolutely no one in their schedule did get in.
What a mess this game is. At this point it looks like they are regressing. I mean last year I could actually run the option lol.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #43
Rookie

crabcola's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle

Glitches happen... Bad programming exists and no game will ever perfect the art of getting it completely right. I am not defending EA; I am defending the video game industry as a whole. No game will ever live up to our true expectations.

I am not downplaying his frustration. Been there, done that, know exactly how it feels...

One thing I've learned through the years... There are some great games out there, but none of them will ever give me absolute satisfaction. I learned in the past three or four years to really temper my expectations. Although I do tend to buy my favorite titles on release day, I've really implemented the virtue of patience with games. I'm not running out to buy most games on release day, but I'll wait a month, read reviews and forums, find out what the bugs are, maybe rent the game, and if all goes well, I'll buy it.

I've been slowly trying to transition to your strategy. I have a hard time exercising patience with the sports games, for some reason, but I have gotten better with most others.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #44
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

With OD's I've gotten that "server unavailable" error after EVERY NC and some other bowl games. The more important the game, the greater the likelihood the bug appears.

OD is on AVOID for me now after two OD's suffered dynasty ending freezes.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:43 PM   #45
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

This game is still leaps and bounds ahead of NCAA 11, primarily because I still own it. However I'm beginning to realize that isn't saying much, because NCAA 11 was an abomination to mankind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle

While I agree with this thought process, there is a huge difference between minor annoyances and game killing bugs. We've had our dynasty dead for 3 weeks now due to not being able to advance the week.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #47
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

People dont understand that its only like a handful of penalties that can be called in this game. I understand there will be glitches, but there is no excuse for what happen. Ive scrambled out of bounce just to have a safety drill him on the sideline when he was waaay out of bounce then the safety goes HAM celebrating when my QB is injured on the ground. No penalty because its not in the game!

I wont be getting madden seeing as last years version sucked soo bad.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 08-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #48
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
People dont understand that its only like a handful of penalties that can be called in this game. I understand there will be glitches, but there is no excuse for what happen. Ive scrambled out of bounce just to have a safety drill him on the sideline when he was waaay out of bounce then the safety goes HAM celebrating when my QB is injured on the ground. No penalty because its not in the game!

I wont be getting madden seeing as last years version sucked soo bad.

Madden is a lot better this year even just going by the demo. Shoot, that demo is better than this full game and I say that with great difficulty because I'm much more into college than pro.

Speaking of penalties: I have yet to see ANY pass interference in this game to save my life. It doesn't matter if the sliders are maxed out or anything. It just doesn't happen.

This game is a mess. I really am considering trading it in towards Madden. It's obvious when you play the Madden demo that a different and frankly better group of devs was working on that vs NCAA.

Again I say all of that with a heavy heart of sorts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »