Home

Signed an Athlette ... or FS?

This is a discussion on Signed an Athlette ... or FS? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Signed an Athlette ... or FS?

I have been recruiting this 4 star Athlete (#11 Ath overall) named Keith Sanders in my OD. I just went online and was looking at the weekly stories that the show the updates for every team after the advance. Here is what it says for my team

=============== #15 Illinois Fighting Illini (8-4) ===============
Last week the Fighting Illini were idle.
This week, the Fighting Illini are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Illinois targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Keith Sanders has committed to Illinois

I then went to recruiting and looked for my newly signed FS. He is still an athlete. I guess the computer is telling me to make him a FS during position changes.

Just thought it was interesting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Signed an Athlette ... or FS?

there are no athletes in this game, never have been - just players who might be able to switch to another position (more on Def than Off) and then get listed as Athletes
Old 08-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

he is listed as an athlete in the game you will have to change his position later. I believe it shows online what he will be best at
Old 08-23-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
there are no athletes in this game, never have been - just players who might be able to switch to another position (more on Def than Off) and then get listed as Athletes
I've only seen 1 true athlete in all the years. He could play everywhere on defense and was above 70 at all those places. And he was above 70 for FB and TE. Dude was a stud OLB.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is why I just don't even bother with the athlete category of player. You don't know exactly what type of player you are getting but U can be assured that he can play only one position. I would rather not chance it and know what positions I am recruiting for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 06:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, the "athletes" are usually only good at one position, making them not really "athletes" at all.

It seems the devs just rename certain positional players as "athletes" to save time/money.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

ATH is simply a poor attempt to hide the recruit's position. Pretty easy to tell what position you're recruiting though by looking at the attribute info.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:09 PM   #8
MVP

waytofailself's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan04103
This is why I just don't even bother with the athlete category of player. You don't know exactly what type of player you are getting but U can be assured that he can play only one position. I would rather not chance it and know what positions I am recruiting for.
I wish there was more variety and moving around positions. Still, if you look at the athlete's attributes generally you can get a pretty good idea of what position the person will be playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »