Home

Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided?

This is a discussion on Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #17
Rookie

infablak's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Entering Pro Draft, how is this decided?

Here's my rule of thumb for deciding who's going to the NFL or not on my team. Depending on position, if they are NOT in the top ten overall in their position, theyhave a slim chance of going. Only exception would be Lineman since a LG/RG in NCAA would just be a G in madden. For instance, I had a left tackle that was rated 88 ovr. He was the 6th best. However he was 11th total class for Tackles. But if anyone knows how the draft works in madden, Lineman have a higher turnover rate then compared to FB, K, and P. So not only will he make it to the draft, more than likely he will get drafter. Now say you have a RB thats a 91 OVR. If he isn't in the top 10-15 range it's going to be tough because they are ALOT of 95+'s in NCAA. But your 91 FB/OLB might have a better chance though. Hope this all made sense. Pretty much when looking at it, pay attention to the position, and the turnover rate(as far as who gets drafter in madden OL,CB,WR,HB) and that we let you know who has a better chance or not.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #18
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Not sure if it is different in the newest version, but I just started a Team Builder dynasty on NCAA 11. I had two juniors declare for the draft. First was my 84 overall HB who finished with 1105 yards and 17 TDs. The other was my 84 overall WR who finished with 40+ receptions for 750ish yards and 7 TDs. We play in a great conference and finished the season ranked #11 so maybe personal stats and team success determine it.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah, team success is a factor, and I think there are some other hidden ones like the team's prestige as well. But it's obviously got some random values in there, because if you save before the offseason and try multiple times you'll see some slight variations.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc415
I don't understand how people don't get that. If you are a senior you are lost to graduation, and if you are an underclassmen you leave early you declare for the draft. Seniors don't have to declare because they are automatically gone. You never see a senior having a press conference announcing what he is doing next year because its not a question.
True but it would be nice for there to be a master list at the end of the season to see the whole draft class before you export. Maybe even have the ability to remove and add some players from the graduating class.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunspice
Not about stats. It's about OVR. Atleast an 88 I believe.
I've had some guys declare for the draft when they were just an 80-82 overall so I know it's not that. Also anyone else have their punter declare early? That's happened to me twice, it's a little ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 11:57 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan92
I've had some guys declare for the draft when they were just an 80-82 overall so I know it's not that. Also anyone else have their punter declare early? That's happened to me twice, it's a little ridiculous
**raises hand**
Old 08-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm just tired of a 77 ovr player who records 7 tackles as a freshman being put on the Freshman All American team.

Going pro really doesn't bother me since any ovr level can go from what I have seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »