Home

A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

This is a discussion on A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
Some of you gentlemen are missing the point of this thread. I voiced my opinion and I asked how as we the consumer can make this game better in the future.
These are your options:

1. Vote with your wallet. Don't buy another NCAA or Madden game until EA produces a quality glitch-free experience. Also, don't hold your breath, since your buying-power and "voice" as an individual consumer is virtually nonexistent. You'll need hundreds of thousands of gamers to boycott the games for EA's bean counters to notice anything. Then it might take a year or two for the dev teams to receive the resources needed to improve their games. Then it will take another year or 5 to iron out the new bugs and glitches, and rework old features back into the games. Good luck!

2. Join a forum dedicated to sports gaming. Engage in discussions about the game's bugs, glitches, flaws, etc. Perhaps the community will share your thoughts. Maybe an EA developer will take notice of the community's critiques, complaints, and ideas. Maybe an EA suit will become worried about a crumbling hardcore fan base. Maybe in the future, the devs will have extra resources laying around that aren't devoted to another gimmicky marketing feature, and they'll remember that the community wanted something improved, added, or fixed. Maybe the constant comparisons to NBA2k or The Show will make the devs feel bad about their game's lack of quality, and they'll invest the resources needed to catch up to the industry standard. EA will realize that quality is more important than profitability. They'll cease the use of gimmicks to sell games, and rely on having a polished and balanced gameplay experience. EA will come to the understanding that competition breeds excellence, and will decline the renewal of the NFL license, even though it hurts their bottom line. They'll switch to a 2 year cycle, since it's more conducive to producing a quality game. And just to show us how much they appreciate our business, EA will offer free roster updates on off-years.

I'm kidding, obviously. Your two cents aren't even worth that. People have been complaining about the same aspects and features for so long, it's obvious the devs either don't listen, or don't care. We can discuss the plethora of inherent issues the game has been plagued with for years, but none if it will be fixed or improved, and we'll just get another marketing gimmick. Mascot Mashup anyone?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 10:25 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: A "Beta" should not be sold for 59.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I hope people realize that even though you don't get the game on release day, but eventually buy it, you're still lining EA's pockets. That make me laugh.
I'm not sure why that makes you laugh. Maybe you lack the basic understanding of what they're saying.

When people say they're not going to buy it on day 1, they mean that they're going to wait for reviews and feedback before purchasing it. And obviously, if it's like it is this year, they won't buy it all. The "won't buy it at all" point usually isn't stated because it's blatantly obvious, except apparently to laughing individuals like yourself. Also, by waiting, you can usually purchase it used for cheaper, and you don't line EA's pockets in the least bit. Hope that helps your laughing fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »