Home

NCAA 12 EA Chat Transcript from today

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 EA Chat Transcript from today within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA 12 EA Chat Transcript from today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
I don't know how much recourse you really should have expected from a computer emulating a support technician. Not to mention that flat-out attacking someone unrelated to the development of a product in the manner you did is rather childish.
i have received something each time when contacting the emulating support technician with issues like this in years past. this will be no different.

LOL at flat out attacking her.. hahaha.. i didnt attack her at all!! that was hilarious, thanks for that..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

You seem like a great guy!

This is a game, you don't demand compensation on a video game. You demand compensation when XBL removes points that were not a part of a certain Rewards glitch in their system and have not fixed it going on three weeks now.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

I feel like poor Shelly really isn't an expert on NCAA 12... What did you want her to do? Magically make NCAA 12 work perfectly? She told you the Devs are working on it, what else should she have done?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #20

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
You seem like a great guy!

This is a game, you don't demand compensation on a video game. You demand compensation when XBL removes points that were not a part of a certain Rewards glitch in their system and have not fixed it going on three weeks now.

i am a great guy, thanks lol

i didnt demand anything, i asked.. and have received it before with no issues, like before, i will again in this situation.

i would recommend others to do the same.. why not get something out of it when the product doesnt work the way its suppose to?

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 08-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #21

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I feel like poor Shelly really isn't an expert on NCAA 12... What did you want her to do? Magically make NCAA 12 work perfectly? She told you the Devs are working on it, what else should she have done?
nope, didnt think she would do anything, bc they never can. but she can give ya % off ea games, ms points, etc. i guess that was the whole point of the support chat, and it will work. i just posted the chat, bc i found it hilarious.. if you didnt, oh well..

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 AM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i have received something each time when contacting the emulating support technician with issues like this in years past. this will be no different.

LOL at flat out attacking her.. hahaha.. i didnt attack her at all!! that was hilarious, thanks for that..
On the former point, you consistently receive that response because that's what the computer is programmed to do. It's a default solution that has been identified by EA as one that resolves the most common issues with online-enabled products. It minimizes traffic on EA's support lines.

On the latter point, let me put it this way:

There's a right way to approach a technical support call as a consumer, and a wrong way.

The right way involves being polite, having understanding for the effort required to build a product the scope of what NCAA Football 12 is as a computer program, working with the call recipient to help him or her give you some sort of optimal solution or advice, and in the process generally acting like a decent human being.

The wrong way involves jumping all over the call recipient, complaining about the problems you are experiencing with little-to-no tact, expecting the call recipient - who likely has no knowledge of computer software development - to immediately fix the problem or know the immediate answer to the question, and having no sympathy for the scope of the problems or the call recipient whatsoever.

You chose the latter option. I really don't need to say anything else about the matter, the act speaks for itself.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 PM   #23
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5

Out of frustration I actually tried to call EA support at the phone number on the gamebox. I was hoping for maybe some little tidbit of new info or something and I figured I'd spend 10 minutes seeing what would happen.

I get in the queue and the automated messages says "We will take your call as soon as a support representative is available, the longest call has been waiting.... 2 minutes."

Ok, not too bad. I wait.

"We will take your call as soon as a support representative is available, the longest call has been waiting.... 4 minutes."

Uh oh.

"We will take your call as soon as a support representative is available, the longest call has been waiting.... 5 minutes."

"We will take your call as soon as a support representative is available, the longest call has been waiting.... 7 minutes."

I gave it until it increased to nine minutes then gave up with a chuckle.

It sucks so bad but this is like 95% of companies so I didn't really expect anything else. Of course, the wait time actually increasing was pretty funny/sad.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #24

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
The wrong way involves jumping all over the call recipient, complaining about the problems you are experiencing with little-to-no tact, expecting the call recipient - who likely has no knowledge of computer software development - to immediately fix the problem or know the immediate answer to the question, and having no sympathy for the scope of the problems or the call recipient whatsoever.

You chose the latter option. I really don't need to say anything else about the matter, the act speaks for itself.
i didnt expect an immediate fix... lol. no need for sympathy for a chat rep, sorry.

you didnt need to say anything at all about the matter, bc you were wrong with your first post. saying i attacked her etc, wrong!! but thanks for posting your thoughts. i appreciate it, now i know how to act in these chat situations in the future.

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »