Home

EA's Game Warranty?

This is a discussion on EA's Game Warranty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA's Game Warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
How is "It's broken" a legit complaint about a game? All the whiners on these boards act like this stuff has never happened before. EA has a history of releasing games with problems, everyone should know this by now. If you don't want to deal with the problems don't buy the game or do some research on the game first. That way we won't have to read the same whinning every year.

I did research the game. The game, to me, is not worth 60 bucks. I am not satisfied with the product I purchased, all I'm asking is if there is ANY way I can get my money back directly from EA, or a discount for a future title. That's all. If you don't know, or don't have anything to offer other than "too bad," please, do yourself and others a favor and just don't post.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Here is my EA transcript talking to customer service:

Brijesh: Hi, my name is Brijesh. How may I help you?
me: I have not been able to play ncaa 12 for 360 for a month now waiting a 2nd patch to fix things wrong with game, so it can make it playable. What is EA doing to help matter, refunds, reimbursement?
Brijesh: As if now there is no ETA for the patch though our engineers are working on the patch .
me: I understand they are working on it, but I paid $60 for a game that is broken.
me: I was planning on buying madden, but with this fiasco, I will definitely wait, so basically I paid full price for a broken product, and EA does nothing to help the consumer?
Brijesh: I do understood you but since the game is a disk version and we can not provide refund from here because there is no way to provide the refund .
Brijesh: How ever if you want we will let our seniors know about the issue and hope it will be resolved soon .
me: So Ea has nothing in place to atleast help alleviate their customers, and in my case a long time customer who has spent alot of money on their games, but now when I have a legit complaint about a game i paid for but is obviously broken in many ways, and all I get is $60 out of my pocket for a game I cannot even play.
Brijesh: I sincerely regret any inconvenience but EA is looking forward to do some thing about the issue .
Brijesh: I can understood your frustration but we have to follow the company policy .
me: which is what exactly?
me: EA Sports - It's in the game, and it's broken?
Brijesh: As I say they are working on the issue .
Brijesh: and it will be fixed soon
me: ok, thanks
Brijesh: You are welcome
I also called EA customer service. But I hung up after a guy with an accent answered and said, "Hello, this is Peggy.''

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #11
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

You can't get your money back just because you are not satisfied with a product, some of you guys are just crazy IMO. If you buy a movie from Best Buy but end up not liking it after you watch, you can't get your money back. If you buy an album from iTunes and end up hating most of the songs, Apple will not give you a refund. Get over it, you can't get your money back, next time wait to buy the game.

EA is working on the patch so they are not going to offer refunds for a product that they are working to fix. Sorry it is taking longer then some of you want it too but, the world doesn't run on your schedule. Consumers are a bunch of whiners these days, I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

But if you buy a movie from Best Buy and it freezes at the main menu every time, you can get your money back. Just sayin.....
Old 08-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #13
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
You can't get your money back just because you are not satisfied with a product, some of you guys are just crazy IMO. If you buy a movie from Best Buy but end up not liking it after you watch, you can't get your money back. If you buy an album from iTunes and end up hating most of the songs, Apple will not give you a refund. Get over it, you can't get your money back, next time wait to buy the game.

EA is working on the patch so they are not going to offer refunds for a product that they are working to fix. Sorry it is taking longer then some of you want it too but, the world doesn't run on your schedule. Consumers are a bunch of whiners these days, I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore.
I'm talking about getting my money back DIRECTLY from EA. Not Best Buy (or some other store).. Big difference.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:21 PM   #14
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman
How is "It's broken" a legit complaint about a game? All the whiners on these boards act like this stuff has never happened before. EA has a history of releasing games with problems, everyone should know this by now. If you don't want to deal with the problems don't buy the game or do some research on the game first. That way we won't have to read the same whinning every year.
100% legit, sound like you got the Ea brainwash. How is a game that freezes and not completely done acceptable? I cannot play franchise multiple seasons without freezing or the other glaring issues. It is one thing if it was just design decisions that I might not like or think is boring; that would validate your point. But im talking real issues that you cannot play game on a normal basis.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017

100% legit, sound like you got the Ea brainwash. How is a game that freezes and not completely done acceptable? I cannot play franchise multiple seasons without freezing or the other glaring issues. It is one thing if it was just design decisions that I might not like or think is boring; that would validate your point. But im talking real issues that you cannot play game on a normal basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2011, 08:01 PM   #16
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't believe what qualifies as "logic" these days. Who knew $60 bucks and a bad taste in your mouth was worth so much to people?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »