Home

EA's Game Warranty?

This is a discussion on EA's Game Warranty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #17
Banned

bzehrt24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA's Game Warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I can't believe what qualifies as "logic" these days. Who knew $60 bucks and a bad taste in your mouth was worth so much to people?
Yeah, I guess some people care about getting ripped off. What has the world come to!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:11 PM   #18
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzehrt24
Yeah, I guess some people care about getting ripped off. What has the world come to!!!!
You ever heard the story of the Scorpion and the Frog?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
You can't get your money back just because you are not satisfied with a product, some of you guys are just crazy IMO. If you buy a movie from Best Buy but end up not liking it after you watch, you can't get your money back.
What a poor analogy.

You can absolutely get your money back on most products if you are not satisfied with it. If you're promised features with a product, then buy the product, and the features don't work, you can get a refund. If I buy a laptop that says it has 300 gb of memory, and then open it up and it has 100 gb, you think I won't be able to get a refund?

The movie analogy is just ridiculous, because it's not a matter of just "not liking it". Specific features promised are unplayable (online dynasty for instance). And the overall game is buggy and flawed.

All that being said, I'm not saying it's possible to get a refund. Because EA just isn't going to give one. But to say it's undeserved and it's like "not liking a movie" is just dumb.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:22 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

Dev Ben Haumiller's (or however you spell his last name) explanation was "I don't know how this game ended up like it did." How are we suppose to take this? To me he is basically shrugging his shoulders and not taking the blame. Sorry but how does everyone else take this statement?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Thrash your arms and huff and puff all you like- at the end of the day, if you didn't like the game and you paid for it, you've been had. You got burned and now you're embarrassed. You should have known better because quality has slipped year after year, but you sold your cow for a set of magic beans and now you're mad and want your moneys back. It sounds ridiculous and it's getting old hearing about it. I hope you all get $100 + advertising consideration in next years' game, i really do. But the more i hear about what is "deserved", the sicker i get to my stomach. You got duped, you got burned, just learn your lesson and make better choices in the future. I really am sorry that while at least 98% of the people who purchased this game (not including me, i'm talking about NON-OS MEMBERS) aren't complaining and crying on message boards. They are either 1) playing the game or 2) doing whatever else they have to do in their lives. It's a bad way to go through life all bitter sounding like internet Andy Rooneys talking about "what really grinds their gears".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #22
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Dev Ben Haumiller's (or however you spell his last name) explanation was "I don't know how this game ended up like it did." How are we suppose to take this? To me he is basically shrugging his shoulders and not taking the blame. Sorry but how does everyone else take this statement?
Are you serious? He really said that. Can you provide the link. I'd love to see that admission of failure.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #23
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Are you serious? He really said that. Can you provide the link. I'd love to see that admission of failure.
http://deadpixellive.com/reviews/124...-ben-haumiller

It was that DeadPixel interview, there was a thread on this forum for a while about it. He actually said that too, although to be fair, i don't think it was an outright admission of failure. More like a "suggestion" of failure lol
Old 08-26-2011, 02:51 AM   #24
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Man, the level of negativity on this forum is insane. People need to learn that just because YOU don't like the way something works, that doesn't make it 'broken'. Yes, there are very obvious faults with this game, including things that simply don't work properly. However, not every issue with the game is something that is 'broken', some of them are things that work properly, you just don't like how they work.

It's insane to thing you should get some sort of refund from EA for this game. If you have that big an issue with it, TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE. Childish bickering and insults towards the developers, who, despite what you may want to believe, made a good faith effort to make a great game (and yes, there is a great game underneath the dents and bruises on this game. One of the best NCAA's ever. Dynasties rarely hold my attention for one season, yet I've ran several 'test' dynasties with this 'broken' game), and insulting them and their hard work is not exactly the way to get what you want.

It makes me wonder how some of you get by in real society. It's kind of sad that people get this vitriolic and worked up about what amounts to a TOY. It will get fixed, it's not the end of the world, RELAX.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »