Home

EA's Game Warranty?

This is a discussion on EA's Game Warranty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2011, 04:20 AM   #25
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA's Game Warranty?

^ You're telling others to relax? After that post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #26
Rookie

ShadioRack's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow. My question to the select few that DON'T have a problem with the game... Have you even played it?
Old 08-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #27
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that being capable of expressing yourself with the written word meant you were angered. Frustrated, maybe, but I'm actually pretty relaxed. Playing some NCAA, chillin'. Games tend to have that effect on me, I must be the weird one.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #28
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

It's kinda hard not to term a game as broken when, most of your major features don't work properly.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I also called EA customer service. But I hung up after a guy with an accent answered and said, "Hello, this is Peggy.''
This post was pure genius!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #30
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycodmn
Man, the level of negativity on this forum is insane. People need to learn that just because YOU don't like the way something works, that doesn't make it 'broken'. Yes, there are very obvious faults with this game, including things that simply don't work properly. However, not every issue with the game is something that is 'broken', some of them are things that work properly, you just don't like how they work.

It's insane to thing you should get some sort of refund from EA for this game. If you have that big an issue with it, TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE. Childish bickering and insults towards the developers, who, despite what you may want to believe, made a good faith effort to make a great game (and yes, there is a great game underneath the dents and bruises on this game. One of the best NCAA's ever. Dynasties rarely hold my attention for one season, yet I've ran several 'test' dynasties with this 'broken' game), and insulting them and their hard work is not exactly the way to get what you want.

It makes me wonder how some of you get by in real society. It's kind of sad that people get this vitriolic and worked up about what amounts to a TOY. It will get fixed, it's not the end of the world, RELAX.
EA payroll
Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 AM   #31
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Man, the level of negativity on this forum is insane. People need to learn that just because YOU don't like the way something works, that doesn't make it 'broken'. Yes, there are very obvious faults with this game, including things that simply don't work properly. However, not every issue with the game is something that is 'broken', some of them are things that work properly, you just don't like how they work.
I agree about the negativity and with most everything you say here.

However, the freeze issue is a major issue, and does, indeed, make this game 'broken'.

Quote:
It's insane to thing you should get some sort of refund from EA for this game. If you have that big an issue with it, TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE. Childish bickering and insults towards the developers, who, despite what you may want to believe, made a good faith effort to make a great game (and yes, there is a great game underneath the dents and bruises on this game. One of the best NCAA's ever. Dynasties rarely hold my attention for one season, yet I've ran several 'test' dynasties with this 'broken' game), and insulting them and their hard work is not exactly the way to get what you want.
I agree with this also, but the developers shrugging their shoulders with a "I don't know how this game turned out like this" expression (as stated earlier in the thread) kind of warrants that kind of behavior. I won't resort to it, but it does kind of ill me Ben would say this.

This game plays very well with some user effort put forth, but I need help finding the freezing slider so I can set it to 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2011, 10:58 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
So when you purchase something and parts of it simply don't work properly, it's not "broken". Got it. Can you think of another example of a purchase you've made where things "simply don't work properly", but you were ok with it? Just curious what type of consumer I'm dealing with here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »